Upgrade opinions from 8800GT

Hello all,

I would like to upgrade from my 8800GT to something a little newer. My 8800GT can hold its own alright in games but it is definitely the weakest point in my rig. However I am only running dual 19" monitors, one of which is disabled when gaming. While a 5850 is tempting I believe it may be overkill in my case. While I would love to upgrade my monitors to dual 22" models I'm just not sure that is in the cards right now. Any opinions?

Edit: I just realized my typo in the title. Sorry for that. Stupid me!

I have a 250GTS from nvidia. I run a 23" and 19" on it with no problem. I can run all most my games on high gfx with no lag. It may be based off the old 9800 but its the same price so I don't see any problems lol.

If I had to upgrade from a 8800GT, it would probably be the 5770 from a price point. A GTX 275 or any NVidia card higher would be just too expensive. The 5770 is a little less on par with the GTX 275, but crossfire that baby later with another 5770 when the prices drop (ATI prices drop much more than Nvidia cards), and you get something faster than a 5850.

The 8800GT has been great and still does its job. There are a few games like STALKER Call of the Pripyat, Batman and CODMW2 that every once in a while lag a hair. However I know my monitors limit me because there just isn't the point to get a high end card that will be bored with just a 19" screen. I suppose you all are right, I think I may just sit on the card for now and when I do upgrade to a bigger monitor or if I find a game that the card just doesn't cut it then I'll upgrade.

Thanks!

+1 to keeping your card. Hell, I had my 7950GT up until a few months ago. Gaming @ 1920x1200 just annoyed the hell out of me (because it made my card cry) so i finally upgraded. If i was still @ 1280x1024... i would probably still have my 7950