Possible Portal Sequel

Andrewr05

This announcement has three popular theories in itself:

The Orange Box 2

Half Life 2: Episode 3

Portal 2

Combining the HL and the Portal worlds.

I always assumed, because of the major success of The Orange Box, there was no way they could do anything less for HL2:E3, so bundling that with Portal 2 and a third game (if using the same methodology as The Orange Box, it would be a multiplayer game), would be the logical step and partially explain why it's been so long to get HL2:E3.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always assumed, because of the major success of The Orange Box, there was no way they could do anything less for HL2:E3, so bundling that with Portal 2 and a third game (if using the same methodology as The Orange Box, it would be a multiplayer game), would be the logical step and partially explain why it's been so long to get HL2:E3.

If there was a third multiplayer game, I doubt it would be from CS, TF, or L4D, which leaves me wondering what that third game will be.

If there was a third multiplayer game, I doubt it would be from CS, TF, or L4D, which leaves me wondering what that third game will be.

I could see them doing a reboot of CS, since it's been many years since CS:S. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's some new IP. They may want the third game to be single player though as to not cannibalize TF2 while they're still pushing updates on that, but who knows. I definitely agree that a new TF or L4D is out of the question though.

Man I have been waiting for Ep.3 for so long.. I was so anxious when I beat Ep. 1&2 consecutively. crap been so long now that I'll have to go play them again..

I'm pretty sure that the HL and Portal worlds are the same world. I've always heard that part of Episode 3 would have Gordon going to an Aperture ship to find something that could help destroy the Combine control on Earth (AKA the Portal Gun). Also, it is widely known that Portal 2 is in development, especially given how Valve put out an acting call for new voice actors for it.

Edited by RogerDeath

Ya they are the same world, There is a projector in Portal that depicts Aperture vs Black Mesa.

And in the ending credits the robot sings about Black Mesa

Edited by BizaroStormy

Ya they are the same world, There is a projector in Portal that depicts Aperture vs Black Mesa.

And in the ending credits the robot sings about Black Mesa

plus Valve said it was the same universe from the beginning

Edited by CowKing

lol this thread (mostly the achievement n stuff part) made me reinstall portal. I'll own this achievement in like 5 seconds.

What a waste of time...not like I have anything else to do...like play bc2 or something...

UPDATE:

• Update for Portal makes it so that when you carry these radios to certain spots, they beep morsecode
  • The sound files actually contain images
  • The images have difficult to read letters and numbers in various parts
  • When those are put together and translated, they give a phone number
  • The phone number points to a BBS that prints out those images in ASCII art
  • People are trying to figure out what the art is

LINK

obviously this isn't new, it was obvious that portal and hlep3 will merge in some way, this either points to what portal 2 will be like, or what hl2ep3 will be like. The only mystery here is which one, and I don't see how anyone could be so interested in this childish game.

Edited by ballist1x

The only mystery here is which one, and I don't see how anyone could be so interested in this childish game.

What game is not "childish" Mr. Pro-gamer?

obviously you are interested in it seeing as you have done all the achievements and you read this forum post :P

This is a great game and you know it.

What game is not "childish" Mr. Pro-gamer?

obviously you are interested in it seeing as you have done all the achievements and you read this forum post :P

This is a great game and you know it.

Oh wait, don't get me wrong, portal is awesome no doubt. The thing with the transmissions, and morse code, and finding stuff and phone numbers...thats too long and boring, they could have made it so we can find the secrete messages or whatever they want us to fin, using only the game, not making me go learn morse code lol though the IDEA is good and fresh unlike all the other mindless achievements.

and btw this is what it says: "EPISODE3Q42010" according to someone that apparently had lots of time on his hands.

In other words the proper title to this tread should have been: Possible sequel to Half-Life 2 Episode 2

Edited by ballist1x