Fermi (G100) / GTX400 SERIES IS A FAILURE?

hosnappp

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well is the new Ion much more efficient or cheaper??

Somewhat more efficient, but price won't change. ION netbooks will remain way too expensive for a little machine this is heavily held back by the processor...

All this talk about the FX series reminds me that I still have an old AGP FX 5500 around here....

I think I ended up replacing it with a new integrated chip when I went to a PCI-E platform (this was still on my old 939 Socket). While I hope Fermi turns out better then that, I would like to see ATi get their time in the spotlight.

yes, since it's not supposed to be a heavy hitter and Ion was made for getting the most efficiency with performance, hence the atom counter part
Somewhat more efficient, but price won't change. ION netbooks will remain way too expensive for a little machine this is heavily held back by the processor...

You both know I mean more efficient than the first ION's right?? That's all I'd care about

Well as i didn't find a better topic to post it i'll just do it here.

Today when i checked my e-mail i saw a letter fron nVidia, it was the new driver release notification and once i got to the page where i can choose my card and OS etc i saw that under Product series there's now a GeForce 300 series.

Oh and here's a link.

Edited by PingoPongo

Today when i checked my e-mail i saw a letter fron nVidia, it was the new driver release notification and once i got to the page where i can choose my card and OS etc i saw that under Product series there's now a GeForce 300 series.

Oh and here's a link.

That's not Fermi. it's the new notebook/OEM desktop graphics. It's completely irrelevant. Most of which is relabeled GT21's. And they're considered low-end.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-ge...0-oem,9727.html

Oh and here's a link.

i've seen the 3xx series fora while now offered inside pre-built desktops. it got a quick spurt of hope until i realized what a 350 is lol

I was talking about the Nvidia 5000 series :P

You, of all people, should know it's referred to as the "5 Series" (or FX series)....that would have alleviated any confusion :P