Fermi (G100) / GTX400 SERIES IS A FAILURE?

hosnappp

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same PR department that renamed the 8800GT 3 times now? Of course they will say no, even if it is true! However, nVidia has released how many benchmarks for Fermi to hype it up? Until any Average Joe can release benches, the facts show ATi with DX11 and better price/performance. Even if Fermi rocks, people will remember the time that ATi out-performed them!

Heh, Charlie!

He spits out a whole bunch of crap, but you know what? Obviously the guy is heavily biased, but he's right every now and then and his "reports" from his "sources" have been pretty much spot on for Fermi so far............................................

He does concede Fermi is good at tessellation and has excellent DP FP performance!

Edited by Zertz

People can take jabs as much as they want. But this guy is posting these things on a credible website as fact. He may have a serious problem with nVidia as it would seem, but it's not to call him a liar. He's posted nothing but the truth in his other articles.

Depends on your version of the truth. Regardless of the accuracy this is all just speculation for Charlie to get hits. Even a dead clock is right 2 times a day!

Cmon Nvidia I actually want to buy one of your cards, but I never found a good reason to :lol:

Either it will be a Fermi(If it is good) or that Asus design concept thing in the other thread :lol:

I don't really trust that website, although I would not be surprised if Nvidia only gave their new cards to Nvidia Fan Boys who can't say anything negative about it. I won't buy one until OCC reviews it, Nuff said :D

I have a feeling this is exaggerated. I was going to buy fermi, but decided to go with the 5970 instead.

I have a mid tower and a budget. So that's not even an option. I'm trying to raise money in time for 5830 as long as it's less than 11 inches. 10.5" is my max. If this doesn't pan out, I'll be forced to either spend more on a 5850(10" or so) or a 5770.

Just rehashes of rehashed 9800GT. :(

Which is funny that 2-3 generation old chips can bring the heat to brand new ati chips, I mean I'm an ati man for the most part but I can't really hate on the rehashing since their rebranded g92s can compete with or beat alot of the lower end 4000/5000 ati's and be cheaper.

As for the semiaccurate articles, i'll believe nothing until a select piece of hardware is out. Even if it's relevant to my interests (like Saturn is back from the grave or something :lol:) Nothing hypes me up but the truth