RIP Verran

grounded87

I can hardly believe it. Me and Verran crossed paths many times on this forum giving advice and input in many threads. He really will be sorely missed. I'm not good at writing things like this and i'm not a religious type but he will be in my thoughts. I hope Kristin and his family get through this hard time ok.

OH MY GOD!! I can't believe he died. I just logged on for the first time in a while and saw this. He was such a great guy, even though we had some fun arguments on here. RIP BUDDY!!

I just joined this forum to share some sad news with the Overclockers Community. I am a close personal friend of Ryan Bredin who's username on here is Verran. I know he spent alot of time on these boards so I thought I should join on to pass along the word.

Ryan passed away last night after a hard fought battle with cancer. He will be missed by many but he can now rest in peace.

-Nick V

Im sorry to hear about your loss, I,ve been a friend and avid reader of OCC for a long time have,nt posted in the forums in a while but sorry to hear about his passing! Im sure he will be missed,I myself lost a long time friend a few days ago so it is a hard thing but wanted to say God Bless him and his family.

Just logging back in to these forums after a long absence; I was shocked and dismayed to learn of Verran's passing.

I remember way back when I had just joined all those years ago he had helped me with an issue that I was having with my hardware. His advice was absolutely excellent and he helped me get my issue solved post haste. Throughout my years of lurking on these boards I can remember many times when I read one of his posts. Even when they were concerning general things I would always stop scrolling to read them. I always valued his opinion and though that I should read what ever it was that he had to say.

RIP buddy, It was great to have you while you were here.

Hienrich Jager

P.S.: Yes... yes.. everything DID just taste purple for a second

:(

I was surprised to hear this news, my condolences to his loved ones. I had some respect for him, he was a great guy and member of this forum and will be missed. I remember back when I joined, he had one sick looking computer.

RIP man.

Wow, this is very sad news. I will miss Verrans intelligent, thoughtful (if not a bit restrained) comments in the forums. He always seemed to step forward as the voice of reason, especially when things were getting out of hand. I could always count on Verran to comment on my mods and I indeed looked forward to those comments and advice that he would include. I knew he had cancer but I thought he said it was in remission. This is terrible news and a very sad day for me.

My heart goes out to Verrans family, he will me missed around here.

Greg

This is the first time I've been on this site in quite some time, and seeing the news item was really sad. Verran was always very helpful to everyone on the forums. It's always sad to see someone young die from cancer. RIP Ryan. RIP.

Holy crap......... It almost seems unbelievable.

This is sad indeed.

I dont post here very often, but I remember this guy from year back. Was always very helpful. Huge loss to the community. Prayers and best wishes to his family.

I agree completely.

Edited by Kuronin