RIP Verran

grounded87

My condolences to his family. Verran was a very well respected member of the community. He and I didnt really talk much, but he has always been a very helpful member, and I always thought highly of him for it. Seeing as he also lived in Michigan, I had hoped one day to meet him, but that day will never come now. His presence will be greatly missed.

I think that in his honor, maybe we should have some sort of folding@home memorial event

My sincerest condolences to his family & friends, his screen name has been familiar to me for several years, now that I know his real name it will be remembered as well, Ryan ,rest in peace

I've had past forum buddies pass away, it's a really, really huge loss. Verran, you no doubtly fought a long, hard battle all these years...and you have fought it well. You can rest now brother. You can rest now.

R.I.P.

After my post in this thread I wanted to stay off OCC and grieve for a while on my own and maybe come back on sunday. But of course the OCC community will not allow me to do that, which is not a bad thing.

My PM box and email account has been flooded with comments, and questions that I feel need to be addressed.

First off I am ok. Really I am! Yes my post was from the heart but I am ok. Yes I am emotional about this, poor Nerm had a hard time understanding me on the phone today. I will get through this, Ryan would want to me to drive forward and thats what I will do but I just need a bit to absorb everything. I loved Ryan he was just awesome and I personally will feel the loss of him very quickly and as a community his loss is massive. When I am ready I will honor Ryan here on OCC in someway. I am not sure how or what I will do but it will happen when I am ready to do it. But like I said again I am fine so you don't need to phone me, send me messages asking if I am ok, or if I need to talk. If I need it I will ask you trust me. I thank all of you for your concerns and I mean that it shows how strong we are as a family and right now I think we need to stay strong for everyone here.

Second I am getting a flood of requests about donating money for funeral expenses or just to send money to help Ryan's wife out. I do not know the situation on that front because that is very personal, and everything just happen this morning. However I have no problem accepting money on behalf of Ryan's family and mailing them a cheque. So if you want to donate to help his wife you can paypal ([email protected]) it to me and just put "For Ryan" in the subject line I will know what that means. If you do not have paypal and want to mail a money order or cheque contact me directly via PM or email.

Third people are asking for details and what type of cancer he had etc. I am sorry I will not go into those details. Those are private matters for Ryan's family and I was kept up to date as to what was happening and I will not be repeating any of it. I know this is a shock to everyone including myself but going into details is not helping anyone and does not change anything so please respect my wishes on this front.

As for OCC stuff if you have any issues that need to be addressed with the contest or anything else for that matter that is not related to Ryan please contact Nerm, D3 and they can assist you until I am ready to go full bore again which should be next week sometime.

Thank You

Dave

Damn. My thoughts and prayers go out to Kirstin, Ryan's wife, and their families. I cannot imagine what they are going through right now, they've been through so much already. Losing someone so close to the holidays cannot make things any better. I hope they can at least find comfort in knowing that Ryan is no longer suffering.

Ryan was a tremendous impact on all of OCC, and a great friend to many. He will be missed among the community. :(