RIP Verran

grounded87

My condolences to his family and others that survive him.

May he rest in peace.

--------

It was his nature to want to keep a low profile on his health issues. He never wanted a pity party or for people to act differently.

It's nice to see he will be remembered by so many on here.

I know how that is like, I have a heart disease and many people around me don't know of it - I retain anonymity here on the internet. In a way it makes I feel it makes me appreciate life more.

Edited by Fatedmeeting

It's funny how you can develop a kinship and affinity for someone you've never met in person. I always enjoyed Verran's approach and thought he was always generous with his advice, especially when it came to new builds. I always thought when it came time for my next build I would go to Ryan for advice and I know he would have been gracious and generous in responding.

Ryan seemed to really enjoy a spirited discussion in the forums, as long as it was rational and well thought out. Many times I found myself silently disagreeing with his opinions while at the same time looking forward to his next post because I knew I could count on solid and calm reasoning and never came away from reading his posts where I was wasn't a bit humbled from how he dealt with others who weren't as gifted in debating skills as he was. This approach also made him an excellent choice as Senior Moderator and I will personally miss Ryan and OCC is a better place for having the pleasure of his company, even if it wasn't for as long as we would have liked.

Peace, Ryan and my prayers are with your family.

Ryan, you were and always will be a deep friend of OCC. You helped so many people in so many ways that it will be nigh impossible for someone to follow in your footsteps. My deepest condolences to your newly wed and your entire family network. OCC is grieving.

Wow... I'm in total shock. Verran and I had disagreements in the past, but in the end he helped me out with a lot, especially a lot, extending way past overclocking.

My loss is nowhere near as great as yours. I'm really not sure what to say... may he rest in peace and God watch over his soul.

My condolences, this is very sad news. I have lost several family members to cancer as well and my dad is currently fighing it.

RIP Verran, you will be missed but not forgotten.

Guest ajmatson

He was a great person and an awesome staff member. This is a sad day for everyone but now he is no longer suffering. My condolences to his wife and his family in this hard time. We will miss him very very very much.

Rest in peace my friend.