RIP Verran

grounded87

.. The dude with the Vash the Stampee avatar, Unbelievable.. He was one of the memorable members, top dudes on the forums like Bigred, ClayMeow, Hardng, ect.

I hate CANCER, it's so damn destructive =( That's 3 people that I know have died of cancer.. 2 of em young =(

R.I.P. Verran =((((

I have not been back for a long time to occ but I am glad I caught this thread my condolences go out to the family. I will miss ryan, he was the first person I personally saw put a certain bird in his place ;). Very sad day...

I never spoke to or PM'd Ryan, but over the years have read 100's of his posts.

In the clocking community, there are at times very few people one can look up to. Ryan was one of the people that you could very definately look up to.

He will certainly be missed by this forum, on a personal level for some, but on a much wider level for the vast majority of members.

At this moment in time my thoughts are with his family and close friends.

RIP Ryan.

Hello Everyone,

In case you hadn't noticed by my name, I am Ryan's wife. I've been reading along with all of your posts, and I appreciate all of your support and kind words. He truly loved being a part of the OCC team, he took it very seriously, he referred to it as his "job." This was a job that he truly loved. He liked the technical aspect as well as being able to help people. As the website grew he would talk about all of the people and the members and how great it was to be a part of something so big.

I am leaving emotion out of this post, because it is meant to show my gratitude to this whole community. But I will be back to share more when I am feeling up to it.

Thank you for all of your support,

Kristin

Hello Kristin,

Thank you so much for coming. There is so much that could and should be said, but at the moment I hope that my deepest sympathies will suffice. Please do return when you are able.

agreed...

I think it is important for you to also see Ryan the way we see him to...I am glad you posted...we are all thinking of you and yours at this time...God Bless you and please do come back...

He did have an impact on this site. I was the one that choose him to replace me as Lead Moderator when I stepped down. I had a lot of faith in him and respect for him also.

Rest in piece Ryan you will be missed.

Hello Everyone,

In case you hadn't noticed by my name, I am Ryan's wife. I've been reading along with all of your posts, and I appreciate all of your support and kind words. He truly loved being a part of the OCC team, he took it very seriously, he referred to it as his "job." This was a job that he truly loved. He liked the technical aspect as well as being able to help people. As the website grew he would talk about all of the people and the members and how great it was to be a part of something so big.

I am leaving emotion out of this post, because it is meant to show my gratitude to this whole community. But I will be back to share more when I am feeling up to it.

Thank you for all of your support,

Kristin

Thanks for taking the time to post Kristin. Again I am sorry for your loss.

I will be in touch

Dave