NVIDIA to kill GTX-series?

Zertz

These new cards are to test run the 40nm process, its not aimed at average gamer, but the budget side. They probably are dirt cheap to manufacture, and we will see cheap versions as time progresses.

I dont think nvidia is going anywhere anytime soon, but there road is ending and thats why there is a push into new areas. Thats why this is important.

Test run? GT300 is a MUCH larger (3.1 billion transistors vs 260 million). As you are probably aware, GT300 is not even comparable to this GT210/220 core and if, as you say, they rely on this to successfully manufacture GT300, they're in trouble. The HD4770, at 826 million transistors, was a lot closer to a test run.

If by "new areas" you weren't refering to PhysX, see above. There's nothing new in today's launch.

Nobody talked about PhysX before now, so I'll simply ignore the rest of the post ;)

We're just mocking the fact that this card isn't even comparable to a year old HD4670.

Edited by Zertz

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

issue like ivi in mirrors edge

That's not related to the fact that he is running an ATI GPU along his NVIDIA one. I also had troubles with mine and I was using a single GTX260. Installing the patch fixed it.

Edited by The Smith

There are ppl getting 40+mpg in hybrid vehicles right now, why arent you also mad at those companies for not giving you a hybrid for free?

That's a completely incorrect analogy. It suggests that people are whining that their dedicated PhysX card wasn't free.

That's a completely incorrect analogy. It suggests that people are whining that their dedicated PhysX card wasn't free.

Yep.

It's more like buying a hybrid from Shell that refuses to use the electric motors when you put BP gas in it. :lol:

It's more like buying a hybrid from Shell that refuses to use the electric motors when you put BP gas in it. :lol:

That made no sense at all.

Pretty much like the initial analogy :lol:

wow all i have to say is wow, nvidia isn't going under anytime soon seriously how did this start?

all it said was GTX MIGHT be droped, and since it was charlie it's more like an alternate universe rumor

has any1 checked their latest sales? they were actually up not down