NVIDIA to kill GTX-series?

Zertz

man nvidia looks on the verge of getting kicked out of the GPU market...

i hope charlie gets sued to hell over this, partly because he's a dishonest puppet, and partly because i'm already tired of hearing people jump to conclusions based on one ridiculous article.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMO nVidia may be hurting right now, but they surely have enough cash left over from earlier to pull through?

Yeah, they probably still have more money than AMD. Just they are keeping it for themselves(For those donuts every morning :lol:)

Nvidia is down now, they'll be back up soon.

Nvidia is down now, they'll be back up soon.

I'm not really sure about that.

They're just releasing a product later than the other team, and that doesn't necessarily put them behind.

lol... I jumped off the chair when I saw this in today's hardware roundup: http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=794

<not for the faint of heart>

lol :lol:

Let's be honest, not only it's (over a year) late, but it's also noticeably slower than the competing card. That essentially means GT300 does not scale down, just like GT200

</not for the faint of heart>

Edited by Zertz

I meant in a timely fashion, GT200 goes back to June 2008

so you're implying that if GT300 could scale down, they would just wait and release it in a few months?

i see where you're coming from, but as you say, this part is late enough already, and no doubt the focus will be on the high end GT300 parts till they get released. perhaps nvidia just want something new(ish) on the market in time for christmas.

so you're implying that if GT300 could scale down, they would just wait and release it in a few months?

i see where you're coming from, but as you say, this part is late enough already, and no doubt the focus will be on the high end GT300 parts till they get released. perhaps nvidia just want something new(ish) on the market in time for christmas.

I'm implying that if GT300 easily scaled down, NVIDIA would have a top-to-mid launch within weeks like ATI, thus negating the need for these sub-performing and relatively expensive cards. Especially if Fermi is really going to see a hard launch in Q4... but that's another story.

Like you said, they most likely want new cards to finish the season. However, many haven't even noticed, but the cards we're seeing today have been available to OEMs for a little while now and I doubt they're going to gain much more traction by hitting the retail market. NVIDIA already has the GPU's, it's just a matter of trying to sell more of them and they should be profitable since, even though they're priced low, they are very likely to be cheap to manufacture.

That's just a mix of opinions and speculation of course...

Edited by Zertz

I'm not really sure about that.

They're just releasing a product later than the other team, and that doesn't necessarily put them behind.

I mean they are down as in performance. None of their cards(Ok GTX295 beats it sometimes) can really beat the HD5870. Thats what I meant ;)

lol... I jumped off the chair when I saw this in today's hardware roundup: http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=794

LOL just LOL at those cards....why nvidia....why would you put those out..

It should seem pretty obvious now that neither the GeForce 210 or the GeForce GT 220 are going to win any awards for performance. Not only that, but both of these cards are woefully underpowered when compared to AMD's previous generation Radeon HD 4670 graphics card that sells for LESS than the GT 220.
to sum up my thoughts from the article's summary