Zertz

NVIDIA to kill GTX-series?

Low end?

I'd consider those cards to be medium to high end.

Yeah , but the point is... NVIDIA still does not have low/mid range GT200 derivatives

If nvidia dies, its gonna be like iPhone in the phone market.

Every year, little, unnoticeable upgrades.

Buy buy buy

yeah I'd hate a company like AMD becoming a company like apple. Hope nvidia can pull through from this

does anyone else find it suspicious that charlie only uses links to his other articles?

Its him its expected.

I sit here and have to laugh some idiot makes a post now people think Nvidia's dying :lol:

Its him its expected.

I sit here and have to laugh some idiot makes a post now people think Nvidia's dying :lol:

:withstupid:

ppl speak of nvidia like the corporation is an evil villain or something, like its a person they hate. "I liked nvidia until nvidia's ego got so big ..... "

its crazy, so so crazy. its like its a person they dislike, and with little reason in understanding. If any of the big boys are pushy and overbearing its intel, they are currently any a giant lawsuit, a mega $$$ suit from the many unfair business acts that were ultra shady and illegal acts directly against other smaller corporations. Nvidias pushing so hard came from this. Nvidia has been hit by intel for nearly 20% of its revinue and not only that intel is coming into the GPU market to try to finish them off. But no one seems to care about good ole intels acts. Its no mistake that intel was p!ssed when AMD bought ATI. They have already been trying to find a way to pull the x86 license from them and threaten to use this acquisition as a basis. Not very long after the announcement we heard all the rumurs of intel may be buying nvidia. But nvidia never sold, and then out comes the intel nvidia war, which of course intel has a stronger upper hand.

Over 20% of nvidia revenue was chipset, and intel did a good number on nvidia by pulling the rug from under them. Why did nvidia stop chipsets? Well AMD already announce they didnt think that Nvidia has any licenses to make chipsets for all their future sockets, after the i7 boycott amd wanted to make all the profits too. It is real, and it is a bad thing for nvidia, they are getting pushed out of the PC market and they are pushing back full force so as to continue existing. Intels next plan is to directly compete against Nvidia and you can rest assure there will be more shady acts in the future to make sure that larrabee is a success, even if its not in demand.

This is a greedy, no hold bar company. You could most likely see a new graphics card slot on intel motherboards that dont allow any cards but larrabee. This will not be the mainstream enthusiast gamer boards, but the majority that are sold to the populace at first. Until the market is flooded with these, as intel really already owns 70% of the market in their igps. This market can easily be replaced with boards without the typical pcie but a larrabee slot. Most of the intel igps already dont have pcie slots anyway. They can get away with it easily. And when the public is educated on the advance power of gpu computing, larrabee will be their most viable option.

This is a hypothetical scenario, but a real possibility. Intel has taken a full force attack on nvidia, and just a couple of yrs ago was interested in buying them, now nvidia is desperatly pushing their way in a market, and the other big boys have a very good upper hand. So while everyone is hating Nvidia, not really looking at the politics of these mega corporations, there is a very good chance they are running out of road. They already know this and thats why they are pursuing new markets. But even with their ion, intel is doin everything it can to squash them. The ion is a yr old and everyone was afraid to touch it, because intels threats.

This is all bigger then just one company, and to hate nvidia for pushing back so hard is just wrong, I believe this article to be 100% bogus. but the fate of nvidia is absolutely at risk. This is why its important for them to be different, and to have a place in computers. As fusion furthers, nvidia disappears. They have little road left. thats why they are pushing desperately so as to continue existing

In the worse case for them, there are still a few good yrs left, but you must see the danger they are in right now. And the pressure thats being put on them. See how the market is pushing them out, and you might understand why they are pushing back with such force.

In the mean time just look at what nvidia is try'n to do for us, they are bringing new stuff to the pc gamer, they are doing more then just sitting around and cashing in on GPUs, they are trying to advance gaming to a new level, with steriovision and now physX, Whats there to hate about this. A company that is doing a lot for the pc gamers, a company that many love, and too many hate. You must see this, and drop the emotion. it will be a shame if nvidia fails, you dont have to like them, just quit hating and recognize their threat

When it comes to business there is no good guy or bad guy. There is profit. Remember the overheating nvidia mobile GPUs that they tried to ignore and hoped would just go away? Nvidia isn't altruistic. Yes getting temporarily pushed out of the chipset business will hurt them. Although I don't feel to sorry for them. How much do they charge for their SLI stamp of approval? How good were their nvidia chipsets the last 2 years? They had great chipsets previously with socket A boards. They fell behind with the socket 775 of their own accord. I can't think of a single well made nvidia chipset that has come out in quite some time. Will nvidia chipsets really be missed?

I don't think of nvidia as the evil villian. I don't think of them as green armored heroes either. It's their use of proprietary things like PhysX that cast them in a negative light. They may have offered it to other developers and manufacturers but there were strings attached. I don't fault them from a business standpoint but rather from a consumer standpoint. Without hacks or patches I can't use an ATI card and an nvidia card at the same time because nvidia decided to disable PhysX when an ATI card is also in the system. I bought the nvidia card for the PhysX. Now nvidia comes along and tells me after I've bought the card that I can't use it for my intended purpose. That I resent. Why can't I use both? Because nvidia doesn't want me to. Nvidia took my money in exchange for a video card. I own it and they still treat it as if they own it. This doesn't hurt ATI as much as it hurts the consumer. Nvidia seems to have forgotten us when they made this decision. This is for the average user not the DIY self builders who will take the time to find workarounds. ATI isn't innocent in this either.

It's like two kids on a playground who fight whenever they get near each other. Lucid has to come along and tell them to play nice or no more recess. Nobody gets to play kickball until these 2 jackasses figure out how to coexist. For now I dislike them both equally.

Let Intel push their Larabee GPU. From what I've seen so far it's of little threat. It underperforms most onboard nvidia solutions already in existence. ATI's onboard solutions appear stronger than Larabee as well. Intel can't charge a premium for it as it stands due to the GPUs lack of performance with it's early showings.

Ouch breaking NDA's that can't be a good idea

Lol, :withstupid:

Anyway, holy low pricing, Batman! Perhaps this card is the new choice for HTPC builds

man nvidia looks on the verge of getting kicked out of the GPU market....................................

if that's true then i think i made a wrong choice to buy nvidia over ATI.

still i hope it still has some plan z if not plan b up it's sleeve to hang on