NVIDIA to kill GTX-series?

Zertz

There was once a time where I liked nVidia... that was back when ATi orignally competed with them.. I'm talking way back with the 6 series and prior. Once nVidia got a few gens ahead of ATi I think their ego got the better of them which really turned me off to nVidia. Now that we see this heated competition I don't want it to kill nVidia... quite the contrary I want to see nVidia get even better for it and win me back.

that is EXACTLY how I feel. (which is why I usually back ATI alot of the time, I did NOT like nvidia's ego when they were ever top dog)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They EOL their OLD stuff because they are releasing NEW gpu's. Why continue to make more of a gpu they have stock piles of on the market currently that will likely take forever to sell off as it stands now, and the release of the gt300 around the corner won't help those old gpu sales either. There are rumors of them pulling out of the gpu market, however to focus more on CUDA, and the scientific sector, but I would highly doubt this since they hold a major part of that market. Why just give it up?

Another Rumor is the GT300 will release the same day as their new Phone, of course with nvidia expanding in so many dierections might be another reason they are/or seem to be less focused on the gpu market.

Another Rumor is the GT300 will release the same day as their new Phone, of course with nvidia expanding in so many dierections might be another reason they are/or seem to be less focused on the gpu market.

Tegra is already available and has been for a while and, as clearly stated here, NVIDIA doesn't make the phone or any other Tegra-based devices.

I would assume each carrier would need to release their own versions of it, but the release of the actual product for them to transform into what they will sale, is the release date the person I was talking to was refering to in his rumor. Reguardless my point is the same they don't just focus on gpu's any more.

I am not sure on the memory chips themselves though.

They are fixed-width. A wider bus essentially means more chips.

While I take what Charlie says with a salt mine...it wouldn't surprise me at all if nVidia finally said "screw it, we can't compete on price so let's pull out till we can."

Edited by Waco

So I'm not convinced but It would be weird for ATI to be left alone with no competition, PC gaming is already getting half finished console ports and nothing but MMOs, they could stop trying with no competition and sell only slightly better cards and then PC gaming would die. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself sense Nvidia hasn't officially thrown in the towel. I'm not too concerned.

from Ken Brown at NVIDIA PR (via hardocp)

There is no truth to this. Charlie has become a sponsored site of his sole advertiser. It's no coincidence his website looks like an AMD ad.

pretty pathetic really. seemed obvious as soon as i read that tripe that this charlie fellow had enjoyed getting a few hits out of the fermi mock up thing and wanted to extend his 15 minutes.

rumor :P , if nvidia dies i will diiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :ph34r::wacko::O

ATI is getting better thanks to nvidia , if nvidia is dead ati will price it`s cards as nvidia did with 8800

Fixed.

both , but if nvidia was not there , i think we would not love ati

competition improves each competitor ..;)

ex: if 4870 did not wipe gtx 260 192sp , nvidia would not make the 216 ,..

Edited by N.E.A

both , but if nvidia was not there , i think we would not love ati

competition improves each competitor ..;)

ex: if 4870 did not wipe gtx 260 192sp , nvidia would not make the 216 ,..

:withstupid:

If we only have one competitor, we are going to have crap coming out of their labs.