gtx 295 or ati 5870

Caddy Daddy

What I stated are also facts... You can read the review yourself but for being ~$100 less than a 295. We have a single gpu card beating a dual... I'm quite positive the crossfire of these gives the quad sli a good run for its money too.

look bra (pun intended) i seen the gtx295 kill the 5890 in some games like this, its well well over 5fps bras!

I already stated my real stance on the matter really i linked this review because of the most anticipated 5870 crossfire thats in it. I dont think i would buy the gtx295 over the 5890, I said it already. but there are other better options.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well either way the competition is awesome and it's really good for us because it keeps the prices low where they should be. and its really funny how right now everyone's comparing the 295 for the 5870 because it just came out but i guarantee as soon as the GTX300 series comes out the tables will turn like they always do lol.

wait til ATI get some Non-beta drivers for there new cards . im sure there will be a bit of a boost in its effectiveness .

and when the GTX300 come out there still going to be top card with the worst price :)

wait til ATI get some Non-beta drivers for there new cards . im sure there will be a bit of a boost in its effectiveness .

and when the GTX300 come out there still going to be top card with the worst price :)

Magic 8 ball?

post-31286-1254283026_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have any benchmarks, #s, release date rumors, pricing, or any information at all on the GTX300?

Nothing wrong with having the worst price if its the best.

look bra (pun intended) i seen the gtx295 kill the 5890 in some games like this, its well well over 5fps bras!

I already stated my real stance on the matter really i linked this review because of the most anticipated 5870 crossfire thats in it. I dont think i would buy the gtx295 over the 5890, I said it already. but there are other better options.

5890?

Nothing wrong with having the worst price if its the best.

No wonder nvidia is still kickin, bless you blind followers :P.

I personally don't want nvidia gone because even ATI (AMD) would get all high and mighty without competition. I must say I AM happy that nvidia is out of the chipset game for the most part as their chipsets left MUCH to be desired. As for the 300 series being stronger, there's no doubt in my mind it will be, I mean if they came out second, they better have SOMETHING to show for the wait or why debut at all. Though they better be able to release something they can handle, not trying and push cards they can't even afford to manufacture and just pray that people are silly enough to keep paying higher or the equivalent of the production costs.

More fuel for the debate.

Radeon HD 5850: Knocking Down GTX 295 In CrossFire

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5850,2433.html

:) I like how it's gotten shorter :thumbs-up:, best part of that review. Not a bad card at all....Still not ready to leave my 4870x2 yet... :rolleyes:

I dont mind paying a high price for a quality vid card with physics and cuda and EVGA's wonderful tech support and customer service. Need I say more?

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's not that black and white. Evga isn't the only good company around, it is a shame they only manufacture nvidia boards but nonetheless it's not the end of the world since there are great manufacturer's of AMD/ATI boards. When you can pop in a 9600GT and have the same physics power I wouldn't exactly call the single card solution "quality" (note: the 9600GT doesn't even break a sweat from what I've heard). Sure the convenience level isn't equal when running say a 5870 and a 9600GT to just one 295 but, you spent less and got equal or better...and you still end up with two cards either way :thumb-up: lol.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I fully expected the GTX 295 to get knocked around it was to be expected it better have happened or ATI would have looked awful coming out of the gate. You can bet that the 300 series cards will counter thats pretty much a given.

I am just curious as anyone given any thought to why ATI is charging less for their GPU's. I am curious as to what you guys think the reasons might be.

I fully expected the GTX 295 to get knocked around it was to be expected it better have happened or ATI would have looked awful coming out of the gate. You can bet that the 300 series cards will counter thats pretty much a given.

I am just curious as anyone given any thought to why ATI is charging less for their GPU's. I am curious as to what you guys think the reasons might be.

Sales by volume, when Henry Ford paid his workers enough to were they could buy a car themselves the world learned that selling to many is more lucrative than selling to the elite.

(I'm no historian so I may be wrong)

Edited by xchrissypoox