gtx 295 or ati 5870

Caddy Daddy

Yes its a Cuda Video Editing Software.

You seem to forget not everyone has Dual PCI-X slots so sometimes thats not an option. Either way its not the same for Vreveal I would match rather have a 285 in there to edit videos.

Not for everyone, but surely you can Mr. X58 :D. Have you tried running the 5870 (1 or 2) and a 250 GTS??

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your also missing a big fact that this is Single GPU vs. Dual GPU.... Now IMO if a single card can nearly whoop a dual card the dual has some problems then.... as for the 5870x2 well it will rip a 295 apart

The dual has no problem at all. We're talking about different generations of cards. Just because it's dual gpu doesn't mean anything. That's like comparing an nvidia 285 to a 3850x2. Dual gpu should win right? lol. The newest generation cards have been equal to, or better than the previous generation's duals. Been this way since dual gpu (back then was only sli) was first born. This is pretty much the way it HAS to be, otherwise people wouldn't buy the new single cards if they could get 2 of the previous generation and x2 them for much cheaper. Only thing we can really compare a 5870 or 5870x2 to, is...well the yet to be released 300 series 375, or 395. If nvidia released the same time ati did, nvidia would win every single time. They do cost a little more, but you get the extra performance, physics without the need to add another card, and folding.

Edited by Fight Game

Somebody needs to stop watching DOG the bounty hunter.

?

"Brah", as far as I'm aware is gaming lingo.

All the advanced players I've played with with type like that.

1: "hey brah, ur ghey"

2: "no u"

1: "someones angry"

2: "no u, brah"

1: "im not ur brah, guy"

?

"Brah", as far as I'm aware is gaming lingo.

All the advanced players I've played with with type like that.

1: "hey brah, ur ghey"

2: "no u"

1: "someones angry"

2: "no u, brah"

1: "im not ur brah, guy"

I think of more of a island kinda guy sayin it like "ey brahda"

Yes I have and it sucks for editing :(

...and gaming?? (as you could always run the dedicated cuda stuff on a seperate workstation) I meant specifically gaming though, like how's it work with batman and DoD?? Since it didn't work with Mirror's Edge for me but I'd assume I'll be able to physx out in new games.

Though it would be nice to have all of that in one computer, so I can hear where you're coming from

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I think of more of a island kinda guy sayin it like "ey brahda"

...and gaming?? (as you could always run the dedicated cuda stuff on a seperate workstation) I meant specifically gaming though, like how's it work with batman and DoD?? Since it didn't work with Mirror's Edge for me but I'd assume I'll be able to physx out in new games.

For gaming I spent limited time with it. It seems to work I had a few hiccups here and there but it just didn't seem to be as smooth as say with a GTX280. That could be because of the update to PhysX I am not exactly sure.

@ your other comment. Seems kinda of pointless to run a second work station so I can run ATI? For the amount of stuff I do and for what I do it makes no sense for me to use ATI and run a second card for Nvidia. Like I said before for the people that don't have two PCI-X slots this is pointless to them aswell. But for those upgrading to ATI from Nvidia and have an extra slot this is awesome for them no doubt about that.

For gaming I spent limited time with it. It seems to work I had a few hiccups here and there but it just didn't seem to be as smooth as say with a GTX280. That could be because of the update to PhysX I am not exactly sure.

@ your other comment. Seems kinda of pointless to run a second work station so I can run ATI? For the amount of stuff I do and for what I do it makes no sense for me to use ATI and run a second card for Nvidia. Like I said before for the people that don't have two PCI-X slots this is pointless to them aswell. But for those upgrading to ATI from Nvidia and have an extra slot this is awesome for them no doubt about that.

Yeah, that's completely logical of you to put it that way. I'm just saying the physx experience doesn't have to be missed :P. I wonder if it would have ran smooth with the update too?? was the secondary physx card the 250??

Damn, that is really good to hear.

:thumbs-up:

Good job on the find.

Anyway, on the whole PhysX argument; IVITH0S and Bosco both have a good point, but I really have to side with Bosco on this one. Having a dedicated card for PhysX while having to update its drivers in a different way is just really impractical, not to mention that not a whole lot of people are going to be able to do this (PSU and motherboard limitations).

I've never used PhysX but I've got to say that the demos look damn impressive, and if I were to ever use it in my system, I would certainly buy one beefier nvidia card rather than the combination of an ATI and weaker nvidia card.

hey brah toss me a brewskie so i can wash away the cotton mouth from this killer blow

ohhhh man tbag that mofo, man i luv halo i'd fap to master chief

let's go play paintball now so we don't look like fagz man

lol

Edited by tkrow21