gtx 295 or ati 5870

Caddy Daddy

Some ppl cant see the forest for the trees....but i guess you fail to see the importance.

Some people always post long rambling posts that insult other members and pull the thread off topic. :lol:

NO MORE PHYSX TALK. We get it. We know what you think. :lol:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont think physX is their justification, actually i figure they havent been able to match ati price wise and make a profit. ATI is a little more efficient.

There is no way you can know that nvidia hasn't been able to match ati price wise if nvidia wanted to they probably could, nvidia sells their cards at a higher price because people will buy them at a higher price because of the fact that nvidia markets themselves how often do you see people who just started learning about computers? all the time, I had a friend who bought a computer with a 9400 gt and he was like nvidias the good one right? people have heard of nvidia, and then they hear nvidia does something it's competitor can't, so they get nvidia.

Back to the "i figure they havent been able to match ati price wise and make a profit" they produce 65nm chips while ati produces 55nm chips, which I would assume is to decrease production costs.

Nvidia has done much more then physX, you can see this if you choose, its all over. but GPU advanced physics is a feat that should be noticed by you. HavoK notes this, ATI does as well, but i guess you fail to see the importance.

what? i guess I must [fail to see the importance], since it isn't important based on merit.

The fact that Nvidia is trying to keep it all for themselves is irrelevant in the long run.

That is not true at all, assuming that they succeed in increasing their market share through the sale of nvidia cards because of physx and cuda and the fact that they are the dominant video card then ati would be in trouble and it would be totally relevant.

You know nothing of my thoughts but I will allow ocre the last reply should he reply to my above statements and I will not say a word.

On topic, I would get a 5870 over a gtx 295 any day of the week.

Edited by xchrissypoox

:lol: IVI needs english lesson :lol:

i know , it is almost 7 AM here and i am about to go to college , there is a ( WELCOME PARTY )

i did not check yesterday because my finger was squashed like a bug and i went to hospital :(

( I HATE SHOTS ....:( )

NEA if anyone needs a lesson in English, it's you

i've never seen more error's in any posts then yours

rourchris is just a nazi about his grammar

Edited by molotovdaskwerl

and you can GET physx and cuda with the supporting nvidia card lol. Your car analogy is laughable, I hate cars like Mercedes that charge what they do. Hyundai's and Kia's really are outstanding quality for their price point (believe me I was always a blind american car lover, but you have to give korean's credit where credit is due). Let's see Mercedes make a car just as good for their price point...oops can't do that. Blowing money isn't the answer to everything, I know you're out to justify your own purchase (we all are) but you need to face facts that ATI doesn't make low quality cards just because you get more for what you pay for instead of the other way around

a better car example would be the new Nissan GTR which costs $80,000 and smokes stupid cars like Ferrari's and Lamborghini's that cost $100,000+. And it's not just a chassis with a motor, it's a sexy, beautifully crafted exotic sports car...it's just one with a company who can deliver a better or equal product to their customers for a more reasonable price.

LOL Dude first off Nissan's are NOT in my opinion "quality" cars because I work on them every day and trust me if I pull one in the shop I can almost guarantee its got a rear main/oil pain and power steering leak...... thats not quality Ivi. Now if u'd like to compare a much better car for actually less then 80grand the 2010 Shelby GT500 760HP 5.4L w/ a Kenne Belle is a much better example. Especially since ford dropped the price from 150 to 75K and now you can get a warranty with it also. That's a far better example then the GTR everyone wanted FOREVER to come out. And if u wanna talk about a 80K car you could get a S class coupe slightly pre-owned that has 490 or 530hp naturally aspirated v8 that'll run 190-200mph on the autoban........... I used to like Nissan but not they're in the same category as kia and hyundai and suzuki, no offense to anyone to drives one.

And I think ATI has came out with the 40nm alot sooner since If i remember correctly doesnt AMD own ATI? and what does AMD do again? ooohhhh that's right they manufacturer computer processors...... I dont see nVidia going to Intel asking for help on how to build a smaller more effecient GPU now do I? Ati has all the help they could need AND THEY STILL DONT HAVE PHYSICS!!!!!! Yeah who cares if they had the 40nm first.... Intel had the 45nm before Amd BIG DEAL. It's still just a vid card without Physics which means games are not going to be as fun played on it.... that really is the bottom line. And even with AMD/ATI's extremely low prices on their products nVidia by itselt as a company is still worth more money and I wonder why that is? It's because people will pay for quality. Why do you think Toyota is the richest car manufacturer in the world? Honestly...... their cars/trucks/suv's are NOT cheap. Now i'm done rampling.

Edited by mattwalter85

There is no way you can know that nvidia hasn't been able to match ati price wise if nvidia wanted to they probably could

The current nVidias GPUs are built on a larger process, take up more die area, and are generally more expensive to produce. I don't think they could match ATI pricing even if they wanted to (well, aside from selling at a loss).

LOL Dude first off Nissan's are NOT in my opinion "quality" cars because I work on them every day and trust me if I pull one in the shop I can almost guarantee its got a rear main/oil pain and power steering leak...... thats not quality Ivi. Now if u'd like to compare a much better car for actually less then 80grand the 2010 Shelby GT500 760HP 5.4L w/ a Kenne Belle is a much better example. Especially since ford dropped the price from 150 to 75K and now you can get a warranty with it also. That's a far better example then the GTR everyone wanted FOREVER to come out. And if u wanna talk about a 80K car you could get a S class coupe slightly pre-owned that has 490 or 530hp naturally aspirated v8 that'll run 190-200mph on the autoban........... I used to like Nissan but not they're in the same category as kia and hyundai and suzuki, no offense to anyone to drives one.

:lol: Did you really just compare the GTR, a car that will absolutely tear up a track...to a hilariously overpowered Mustang that would be an absolute pain to drive on a track?

As for your last comment...rofl. That's all I can do. ROFL.

Why do you think Toyota is the richest car manufacturer in the world?

Smart marketing and capitalizing on the failures of the big 3 in the 80s/early 90s. Now they aren't any more reliable than any other top-name manufacturer...but they still hold that aura of quality.

Edited by Waco

And I think ATI has came out with the 40nm alot sooner since If i remember correctly doesnt AMD own ATI? and what does AMD do again? ooohhhh that's right they manufacturer computer processors...... I dont see nVidia going to Intel asking for help on how to build a smaller more effecient GPU now do I? Ati has all the help they could need AND THEY STILL DONT HAVE PHYSICS!!!!!! Yeah who cares if they had the 40nm first.... Intel had the 45nm before Amd BIG DEAL. It's still just a vid card without Physics which means games are not going to be as fun played on it.... that really is the bottom line. And even with AMD/ATI's extremely low prices on their products nVidia by itselt as a company is still worth more money and I wonder why that is? It's because people will pay for quality. Why do you think Toyota is the richest car manufacturer in the world? Honestly...... their cars/trucks/suv's are NOT cheap. Now i'm done rampling.

wow....yeah well when the Mercedes break have fun paying a fortune to fix them (which perhaps this is why you're mad, you aren't getting paid unnecessary amounts of money to fix the same issues). What about the Hyundai Genesis, that is a very fine vehicle indeed. I heard BMW uses $14 per quart transmission fluid and if you use anything else the transmission breaks down in like 10,000 miles...That's really the Ultimate driving machine.

as for ATI going to AMD for help....are you serious?? I mean really, are you serious?? You know AMD bought ATI right...it's their company, no one's going for help from anyone. Nvidia just got physx too, back when the 9 series was out physx wasn't "added" until now, meaning anyone can do it. It's not that nvidia cards are better at all, all AMD has to say a word and their cards can flip that switch on.

and the rush to a smaller nanometer is always good since the chip will be more efficient and cheaper to produce, everyone wins.

:lol: Did you really just compare the GTR, a car that will absolutely tear up a track...to a hilariously overpowered Mustang that would be an absolute pain to drive on a track?

As for your last comment...rofl. That's all I can do. ROFL.

he did :lol:

they aren't more reliable? um last time I checked Waco you didn't work on them everyday but okay.... and Yeah i did compare the oil leaking GTR to a 10 sec. stang....whats ur point?

...try taking that ten second stang and make to turn it at a respectable speed. Drag racing is stupid. If I wanted to go in a straight line as fast as I can, I'd built a rocket propelled train. A GTR would eat the 'stang alive in turns, it wouldn't even be funny. I'm not saying the Shelby is a bad car by any means but it's not going to match the GTR in actual racing.

so final answer is (2) 5890's in xf (the ones waco keeps talking about that don't exist) with a 295 for physics.

I don't know if the second core on the 295 would help with physx, I'd say a revision of that would be two 5870's in CF and a 285 for physx :thumbs-up:

lol toyota

Edited by IVIYTH0S

so final answer is (2) 5890's in xf (the ones waco keeps talking about that don't exist) with a 295 for physics.

Ugh, what? I haven't said anything about 5890s...

The 5850s in Crossfire with an 8800GT or something for PhysX would be my choice. A 295 for physics would be moronic. :P

they aren't more reliable? um last time I checked Waco you didn't work on them everyday but okay.... and Yeah i did compare the oil leaking GTR to a 10 sec. stang....whats ur point?

No, you're right, I don't. I can, however, read reports on reliability and average numbers of problems per vehicle.

As for your GTR to "10 second" Mustang comparison... ROFL.

Edited by Waco

Some people always post long rambling posts that insult other members and pull the thread off topic. :lol:

Yes I agree, my post are long. And i read over them and they sound insulting, but really i dont mean to be. I do apologies if anyone feels insulted. I type and post on many pages at a time, and while it sounds sarcastic and light hearted in my head, ppl cant interpret this over the net and in my post. You just have to know me in person, i really dont feel above anyone, nor do i mean to put ppl down, I just have gottn used to being aggressive in debates, i live in red neck ville. I really am easy going and i appreciate ppls time, even in debates. please dont take it the wrong way, i have nothing negative for any one.I am just a debater, a master-debater, lol

There is no way you can know that nvidia hasn't been able to match ati price wise if nvidia wanted to they probably could, nvidia sells their cards at a higher price because people will buy them at a higher price because of the fact that nvidia markets themselves how often do you see people who just started learning about computers? all the time, I had a friend who bought a computer with a 9400 gt and he was like nvidias the good one right? people have heard of nvidia, and then they hear nvidia does something it's competitor can't, so they get nvidia.

Back to the "i figure they havent been able to match ati price wise and make a profit" they produce 65nm chips while ati produces 55nm chips, which I would assume is to decrease production costs.

what? i guess I must [fail to see the importance], since it isn't important based on merit.

That is not true at all, assuming that they succeed in increasing their market share through the sale of nvidia cards because of physx and cuda and the fact that they are the dominant video card then ati would be in trouble and it would be totally relevant.

You know nothing of my thoughts but I will allow ocre the last reply should he reply to my above statements and I will not say a word.

On topic, I would get a 5870 over a gtx 295 any day of the week.

while it is true, no one knows what nvida can sell their cards for at a profit, I can only assume. Its just an educated guess. They have many projects that cost mega dollars that all ride on their success of their GPUs.

I am tired of the physX debate, I have posted all over. My stance isnt in support of either company, I just want to try and level the grounds a bit for actually ATI. As most ATI fanboys are 100% behind ATI and disregard physX completely, I acknowledge what is happening, and that its not going away overnight. PhysX is part of the decision in buying a video card today, its not gonna not exist in the next months, its gonna be more apparent when even more and more even better titles come out. But I dont want this to stop ppl from buying ATI, a handful here, a handful there. I really want to educate before it spreads anymore. ATI lovers shouldnt be disregarding this, lets just take the middle route. Not let Nvidia make much ground with Physx by hindering ati sales, and also not feel or be left out in gaming. I dont think physX is gonna threaten ATI to the point of their demise, but i can say there are already ppl buyin nvidia when they want ati just for physX. That number is relatively low now, and i have made a mission to try and educate ppl not to, that they can have both. Thats my plan, and its for the sake of ATI, not that i have such an ego that i could make a difference, but i will continue to try, as computers are my life and passion.

I agree with you 100% 5870 over GTX295.

I just want ppl to acknowledge what is happening, quit saying its no big deal, and not just bad mouth it, do something productive. It doesnt have to take ATI sales, but you cant just disregard it.

And again, if anyone is offended by my post, please dont get upset. I dont think ill of anyone, nor do i mean to offend. You just got to know me to get me.

edit:

believe it or not i am making progress

Edited by ocre

NEA if anyone needs a lesson in English, it's you

i've never seen more errpr's in any posts then yours

rourchris is just a nazi about his grammar

This was the first thread I read today. I laughed really hard when I read this post. It made my day. grammar nazi, touche'. I came back later a saw you had misspelled error. Now I'm laughing so hard tears are pouring out.

Yes it came out harsh. Sorry about that.

14 dollars per quart of tranny fluid is about average actually so im not really sure where ur going with that but anyway it'd be pretty hard to control that GTR turning on a track with all the oil it's leaked out all over the track :P shame on Nissan