Would you ever own a Mac?

d3bruts1d

Would you ever own a Mac?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. I...

• already own a Mac.
    • would eventually like to get one.
    • hadn't really considered it before, but after buying an iPod / iPhone, I'm considering it.
    • would only own one if it was given to me for free.
    • might.
    • seriously doubt I would ever own one.
    • had one once before, and have no desire to go back to it.
    • would not buy one.
    • would not take one even if it was given to me for free.
    • don't have a problem with them, but will never use one.

I lied and voted I owned a Mac previously. It was an Apple IIe in 1982. I needed a larger HD and it cost a fortune. PC's were almost giving HD's away in comparison. I learned a quick lesson on dealing with a company which insists on proprietary hardware. I dumped it and never regretted it. No Mac for me. The software universe is huge for PC. Another reason I could not do it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually don't mind the Mighty Mouse. It took a while to adjust to it, but now I use it regularly. Granted, most of the things I do are keyboard-speciffic. Only thing I don't like about the MM is the inability to clean the scroll ball. Darn thing sticks like you wouldn't believe.

It's 10,000,000 times better than the puck mouse.

I'm referring to comparable systems from fellow retailers. The only exception to my statement would probably be the 17" Macbook Pro. However, the 13" and 15" models along with the Mac Pro are priced in accordance with their competition.

When I bought my Dell Studio 15, a comparable Mac was ~$1k more! And when I priced something a few months ago just for kicks, the discrepancy was still pretty high. That's not "priced in accordance with their competition", IMO.

I'm referring to comparable systems from fellow retailers. The only exception to my statement would probably be the 17" Macbook Pro. However, the 13" and 15" models along with the Mac Pro are priced in accordance with their competition.

Mac 15 inch:

2.53GHz

4GB Memory

250GB hard drive1

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

$1,699.00

Dell 15" Studio:

Intel

Mac 15 inch:

$1,699.00

Dell 15" Studio:

$1,294

Yes, I'd probably settle for the cheaper option myself, but... nobody can deny the MacBook is superior in a few key aspects

wow... this is a lot closer than I would have guessed

What's close about it? As of right now, here's the breakdown:

13 own or would like one

10 are "maybes"

14 only if it was for free

40 have no intention on ever owning one.

I own a hackintosh dell mini and it is fine for surfing the web but I would not use it as my main computer. I'm sure there are certain things that Macs are better at but everything I could do with a Mac, I could do with my PC.