Would you ever own a Mac?

d3bruts1d

Would you ever own a Mac?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. I...

• already own a Mac.
    • would eventually like to get one.
    • hadn't really considered it before, but after buying an iPod / iPhone, I'm considering it.
    • would only own one if it was given to me for free.
    • might.
    • seriously doubt I would ever own one.
    • had one once before, and have no desire to go back to it.
    • would not buy one.
    • would not take one even if it was given to me for free.
    • don't have a problem with them, but will never use one.

I don't have anything against them but I have zero use for one.

:withstupid: "don't have a problem with them, but will never use one."

I would probably try out the OS if I could legally put it onto a computer built by me...but that's another story. Win7 it is! :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also selected: "don't have a problem with them, but will never use one."

The reason being: although I can see the appeal in their simplicity, sleek styling and user friendliness; I enjoy the cost efficiency of a Windows based system, and the ability to run any game I please, which is just about the only use for my PC other than general browsing. So, due to my personal needs and current financial situation, Mac's aren't the best personal investment. But that's not to say that they don't have their uses.

Edited by ekiM

...you just can't beat the battery life of those MacBooks (without getting in netbook territory)

There are plenty of laptops with as long or longer battery life and similar features.

I picked "Don't have a problem with them, but will never use one."

I would be interested to play around with one for a few weeks or however long it took to get really used to it. It'd be nice to see what it can really do. Honestly though, I'm not aware of anything it does exclusively that I would want or need. The fact that it's UNIX-based has always intrigued me (mostly for the stability) but Windows has really improved in stability with Vista and 7 so that seems like less of an issue these days.

What I don't understand is how owning an iPod or iPhone can impact someone's opinion of MacOS. That just sort of seems like admitting to "drinking the kool aid" at that point...

I have a Macbook that I use for school mostly because the OS is more stable and less likely to give me issues like viruses and spyware. Other than school stuff it is mostly useless to me. It is nice to have it and know the chances of it crashing are slim.

I have a Macbook that I use for school mostly because the OS is more stable and less likely to give me issues like viruses and spyware. Other than school stuff it is mostly useless to me. It is nice to have it and know the chances of it crashing are slim.

My laptop never crashes unless I'm tinkering with it.neither on Vista (what it came with) and Windows 7 (what is has now). I was undervolting it's processor, so in my big steps down in voltage I got a few BSOD's but now that I found the optimum voltage it runs smooth (and more efficient :thumbs-up:). Glad to know your Mac runs smooth, but sorry you can't undervolt :(

I must admit that a mac may be better for school because my laptop can do TOO much that I often cannot focus on school work because there are too many alternatives.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

My laptop never crashes unless I'm tinkering with it.neither on Vista (what it came with) and Windows 7 (what is has now). I was undervolting it's processor, so in my big steps down in voltage I got a few BSOD's but now that I found the optimum voltage it runs smooth (and more efficient :thumbs-up:). Glad to know your Mac runs smooth, but sorry you can't undervolt :(

I must admit that a mac may be better for school because my laptop can do TOO much that I often cannot focus on school work because there are too many alternatives.

My Diablo 2 isn't compatible with MAC. That would have changed my feeling of mostly useless.

I chose would never own one. I have yet to see a compeling reason. All the MAC users I know, that praise them, cant tell me ONE thing they couldn't do on Windows before. Half the time, they are just running terrible versions of Windows apps (Live Messenger, MS Office etc), and end up running a VM with XP in just to get everything they need. ALL just to be different... and stable? What...? I haven't had Windows proper crash/frezy or blue screen on me in YEARS. Every time It has, its because of something I done. (Like OC, mess with OS settings etc)

I also cant stand the MAC way of thinking. At almost EVERY turn, your locked into THEIR way of working. You MUST use MAC hardware, you MUST use an iPod with iTunes, you can ONLY use what apps WE find savory with YOUR iPhone.. ? wth?

Now you can argue MS do abit of the same, but they seem to get Sued almost every time they try and add value. Like the whole Media Player/IE thing... wth...

Would the "app" store stand up AT all if that where your PC? And MS said, right, ALL programs must FIRST be approved by US! Or you cant use them. Or moving further afield, what if Ford said, you can ONLY change or service your car if THEY approve?

Total BS. I really do not understand how this kind of practise is accepted. Sure, it ensures that everything works. But then, no one seemed to mind that on there PC. IF a program crashed, you just deleted it, why is it any different with a phone? Why should the manufacture control what you do with that device??

Edited by xPETEZx