I'm over the iPod

InCrYsIs

Of course the Ipod Touch is not really something that you need to listen to music, buts its nice to have. The extra features like internet and all those apps are a nice thing to have, is it necessary? No, but its nice.

Itunes is a bit gay though, I had to get the album artwork for all of my songs online cuz Itunes couldn't find em <_<

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe Microsoft is still selling Zunes...or that people actually buy them. The software sucks more than iTunes...

While the Zune software isn't great it's still better than Itunes IMO. I have an 8GB zune. It's way better than its IPOD counterpart. I base this on the fact that I have owned both.

Edited by InCrYsIs

While the Zune software isn't great it's still better than Itunes IMO. I have an 8GB zune. It's way better than its IPOD counterpart. I base this on the fact that I have owned both.

I've owned both as well. I sold my Zune 120 GB and replaced it with an 80 GB iPod Classic. While iTunes annoys me...at least it doesn't suck as much donkey dick as the Zune software. :lol:

I've owned both as well. I sold my Zune 120 GB and replaced it with an 80 GB iPod Classic. While iTunes annoys me...at least it doesn't suck as much donkey dick as the Zune software. :lol:

Yes, where does this hatred come from? What terror has Microsoft bestowed upon you?

Yes, where does this hatred come from? What terror has Microsoft bestowed upon you?

:lol: Hatred? I don't hate Microsoft, I hate clunky and broken software.

First off, I had to re-tether (or whatever they called it) in the Zune software EVERY TIME I plugged the damn thing in. After that, it wouldn't recognize random MP3s (I suspect it doesn't handle VBR perfectly). Occasionally it would sync files twice, leaving double copies on the player. Videos that I converted to the correct codec and resolution got transcoded EVERY time I added them to the video collection. I didn't mind the player itself so much except for the scroll pad/buttons.

I'd rather deal with iTunes (which I still don't like, it's slow as hell on Windows) than that nightmare of a program...

First off, I had to re-tether (or whatever they called it) in the Zune software EVERY TIME I plugged the damn thing in. After that, it wouldn't recognize random MP3s (I suspect it doesn't handle VBR perfectly). Occasionally it would sync files twice, leaving double copies on the player. Videos that I converted to the correct codec and resolution got transcoded EVERY time I added them to the video collection. I didn't mind the player itself so much except for the scroll pad/buttons.

I never had any of those issues. Yes it does scan and sync your Zune to the software every time you plug it in. What it's doing is grabbing the play count data and any ratings and syncing them to the software and your Zune account. It doesn't take long either less than 20 seconds. At least with my 5-6 GB worth of media. Your obviously not encoding video correctly if it does that. I've used Xilisoft several times to encode videos and never had Zune try to re-encode it.

Itunes syncs my Ipod Touch everytime I plug it in. So I really don't get what your trying to get at. :blink:

Edit: I think Itunes 8 fixed the double music files, I remember the old Itunes with my 1st gen Nano I would have 5 copies of each song because I pressed sync :lol:

Edited by Darkfuneral1337

I never had any of those issues. Yes it does scan and sync your Zune to the software every time you plug it in. What it's doing is grabbing the play count data and any ratings and syncing them to the software and your Zune account. It doesn't take long either less than 20 seconds. At least with my 5-6 GB worth of media. Your obviously not encoding video correctly if it does that. I've used Xilisoft several times to encode videos and never had Zune try to re-encode it.

"I didn't have that problem so it doesn't exist."

That's nice. I did...and it was enough that I sold it. The transcoding bug happened with every video I tried and every way I tried encoding them. I even resorted to *shudder* following the directions on the MS website and it still did it.

If you were having these problems. It has to be from a faulty Zune or software install. I've used my Zune almost everyday since I bought it off of the first Woot! and never had any of the problems you described.

Made a quick demo showing that, I don't receive the error when encoding clips for the Zune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EaOCXDUxc

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5651/ex1o.png

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3276/ex3d.png

I can even drag and drop everything that's already sync'd to the Zune Icon and it won't ever make duplicates. I can even keep spamming the start sync button. It doesn't do it either. The only double mp3s I have are ones from different albums, such as an official album and a mixtape. Which each show up in their respective album titles.

Plus the build quality is very good. I've dropped mine so many times and everything still works normally. Not using any protective casing other than a clear sticker screen protector.

Edited by Krazyxazn

If you were having these problems. It has to be from a faulty Zune or software install. I've used my Zune almost everyday since I bought it off of the first Woot! and never had any of the problems you described.

"I didn't have that problem so it doesn't exist."

Sound familiar?