Sign in to follow this  
InCrYsIs

I'm over the iPod

If you think drag and drop is faster, your mistaken. I highly doubt either method is much faster than the other. So I really don't see the benefit of having drag and drop on a requirement list for a PMP.

I never said drag and drop was faster (though it is if you just want to add just a few more songs), and regardless I want freedom to use the software or not. If the software is really THAT good, then I'd use it by choice, not by force. The Creative software was nice that I often used it in conjunction with dragging and dropping files, depending on my mood (or if I was compiling a playlist) I'd use whichever served my purpose better

I bet most people still use some sort of software like Media Monkey/WMP/WinAMP to transfer their library anyway. I prefer players that are compatible with these sort of utilities, so my hand is not forced into something awful. I guess this is what some folk might be getting at.

I bet most people still use some sort of software like Media Monkey/WMP/WinAMP to transfer their library anyway. I prefer players that are compatible with these sort of utilities, so my hand is not forced into something awful. I guess this is what some folk might be getting at.

well yeah, I'm not attacking software use in general I just want options (and not just software options, I want drag and drop darnit!! :D)

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/13/zune-hd...re-order-today/

Some more previews of the interface. The person giving the demo says Microsoft has plans about games and apps for the Zune HD, but was unable to discuss them. So either may not be available at launch or they are just waiting to release that information at a later time.

Microsoft better come out with something similar to the App Store. That is the one feature that is keeping Apple ahead of the competition and Microsoft would be wise to follow suit, and quickly. The longer Microsoft delays the harder it will become for the Zune platform to become a viable competitor to the iPod.

Microsoft better come out with something similar to the App Store. That is the one feature that is keeping Apple ahead of the competition and Microsoft would be wise to follow suit, and quickly. The longer Microsoft delays the harder it will become for the Zune platform to become a viable competitor to the iPod.

I agree. There is a speculation that Microsoft already has trademarked an App or App Store named "OneApp." But as of yet, there is no new information about any apps on the Zune HD. Maybe they just aren't getting enough developers interested in making apps for the Zune. Microsoft offered money to an iPhone app developer who made Twitter app, but he declined to port it to the Zune :(.

Zune HD specs are out, but I'm highly confused about the battery life. It's good, but not as good as I thought it would be with Tegra. Although this was done with a pre-production unit, I don't think the official product will be drastically better. Although these new specs are much better than the old ones that were previously posted. Also still no FLAC support and no AC3 support :angry2: .

Music, up to 33 hours (wireless off); video, up to 8.5 hours[3]

Charge Time: Approximately 3 hours when connected to your PC,

approximately 2 hours with A/C adapter

[3] Battery life was tested by Zune in August 2009 using preproduction

hardware and device software. Battery tests are conducted with

specific Zune units. Actual results may vary. Audio content used was

WMA 128 Kbps. Video content used was 320x240 WMV9 500 Kbps

total bit rate. Batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may

eventually hold less charge. Battery life and the number of charge

cycles vary by use and settings. See www.zune.net/batteries for more

information.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Microsoft offered money to an iPhone app developer who made Twitter app, but he declined to port it to the Zune :(.

That story hardly makes sense... judging by the amount of Twitter apps available, it can't be hard to use their API and assuming the Zune uses Microsoft's .NET Framework it shouldn't take much more than a day or two to come up with something decent

That story hardly makes sense... judging by the amount of Twitter apps available, it can't be hard to use their API and assuming the Zune uses Microsoft's .NET Framework it shouldn't take much more than a day or two to come up with something decent

Yeah, there's almost endless choices available for my Touch Pro (Windows Mobile 6.5). Even if the Zune HD can only have the windows mobile apps that are out at launch, that's not a bad thing. I have an app alternative for anthing the Iphone has (and some better)

Some more saddening news. According to a review by CNet on Aug 4th, Zune HD's browser doesn't support flash. And here I thought one of the main benefits of Tegra was to bring flash to mobile devices. I've lost faith in the Zune HD. Guess we'll have to wait for it to release and get a full final review of it. Things could change and things could not change. All up to Microsoft's Zune Team.

Although I really like the new interface, I hope they bring it to the older Zunes with a firmware update: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12519_7-10309706-49.html

I love the idea of Pins (Win 7) and Recently Added.

I hope what Nvidia says is true when those Tegra Netbooks start coming out this Fall/Winter.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Why would MS allow flash? Silverlight is the way to go! /sarcasm

I for one cannot wait until HTML5 is more widespread. Then there will be little need for either annoying technology.

It would be nice if they have Last.fm built into the Zune and software like they did with the 360. Ugh. I think I need to find Zune's official suggestion site. -_-