I'm over the iPod

InCrYsIs

so is a creative plus Zen-V-Plus.jpg, which IMHO voids the point of a shuffle because you can see what's playing an navigate through your collection, and it beats the nano since it's so small. (especially the new fat nanos)

Ditch the Zen V+. I had one and it was better than the iPod equivalent. But the Sony S series trumps everything I've listened to (not heard a Cowon as yet). The audio quality from the Sony is just excellent. Video output is great on an MP3 device, but it's not as big a deal as you might think. You can't watch videos while jogging and exercising, can you?

sonywalkmans_gizmodo.flv.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend and I are trying to do a little summer film project, and we need a camcorder. Our budge is about $450. What is the best SD camcorder money can buy in that price range? I didn't know where else to post this so I put it in the member lounge. I also realize this might not be the best forum for this either, so would anybody know where I could go to get some more advice? Thanks!

Ditch the Zen V+. I had one and it was better than the iPod equivalent. But the Sony S series trumps everything I've listened to (not heard a Cowon as yet). The audio quality from the Sony is just excellent. Video output is great on an MP3 device, but it's not as big a deal as you might think. You can't watch videos while jogging and exercising, can you?

also another important thing about using them for exercising is whether they use flash memory or hard disk, mine is a hard disk and doesn't work when jogging but is fine for walking.

also another important thing about using them for exercising is whether they use flash memory or hard disk, mine is a hard disk and doesn't work when jogging but is fine for walking.

The majority are easy to tell whether they use flash or not. Powers of 2 (2,4,8,16,32GB) are more or less flash based units. You don't see many 32GB other than the iPod touch though at the moment. Those units that are 20,40,80 GB tend to be hard disk based. This isn't always the case with the latter, but it's quite common.

A decent hard disk should still be okay to jog with, but they are susceptible to being damaged a lot easier than flash based units. Depends on how much anti-shock buffer the unit has (if any).

I use the Creative Zen and to store the music and get album covers I ise media monkey. The sound quality out the zen headphones are almost as good as my Bose headset.

I use the Creative Zen and to store the music and get album covers I ise media monkey. The sound quality out the zen headphones are almost as good as my Bose headset.

Which earphones are you referring to? I replaced my Zen headphones right away with Sony MDR-EX71 buds, which I occasionally use, but prefer using Shure SE110. I'm yet to be properly impressed with stock earbuds!

Those (came with later models) are suspiciously similar to the Sennheiser CX300 - many believe they are probably the same buds. Similar performance to the Sony MDR-EX71, but better build quality. Try out some Goldrings and Shure and you'll notice that the Creative player isn't quite as detailed as the headphones are capable of. I only realised this after listening to a few different players, iPods being the outright worst.

I agree with the ipods thats for sure. They have to be the worst I have heard.

I agree with with the other headsets but listening to Led Zepplin on the underground with those Bose sure beats listening to screaming kids and everyone sniffing on the way to work.

sonywalkmans_gizmodo.flv.jpg

Where can I find on of those? On newegg they only have those new really expensive ones which look like a different version of the touch http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16855158045

Like that..

I found one at bestbuy...but the screen seems to be a bit small for movies..

Edited by Darkfuneral1337

I don't need to sync the stuff though, and the interface is bothersome.

I'm not sure what definition your using for sync, but all it does is just transfer the media to the device. The same as just drag and dropping media onto the Zen drive. If you don't sync, I don't even know how you get your music on the Zen, because its basically the same thing. Hell even with the Zune you still select and then drag and drop it to the Zune icon.

I want to be control of what goes on my player and what doesn't

There are options in iTunes and Zune software to disable automatically uploading all media to iPods and Zunes. Most people simply just keep hitting NEXT at the setup and miss it. So you still get to be in control.

I'm not lazy to the point of not perfecting my playlist myself, manually.

It's an innovation, not being lazy. So if you lived when the first car came out. Did you tell people that they are too lazy to walk? It's a time saver. Having to go track through the long list of songs or folders to find the ones you don't. My Creative Zen Nano does however have a delete option built into the OS, which is amazing because you don't have to go through a ton of side menus just to access the delete option. Not sure if the newer Zen models still have it or not.

As far as the X-Fi being as expensive as an ipod, are we talking nanos or touchs?

iPod Nano, unless the Zen X-Fi offers apps and web browser like the iPod Touch.

What makes me furious about Ipods is how they replaced the word mp3 player when they weren't even the first around, besides the click wheel, they actually had less features than their competitors but a bigger price tag.

That's because the Apple marketing department is actually good at what they do versus the other companies. They attract people who buy things based on how shiny and stylish they are and there are a lot of people like that.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I bought an iPod because it interfaces flawlessly with my car radio and that's the only reason I want it. It works perfectly and does everything I need. I'm enjoying watching the Zune fanboys thrash iPods for silly reasons, though. Keep it up!

I bought an iPod because it interfaces flawlessly with my car radio and that's the only reason I want it. It works perfectly and does everything I need. I'm enjoying watching the Zune fanboys thrash iPods for silly reasons, though. Keep it up!

correction, Zen fanboy :P

I'm not sure what definition your using for sync, but all it does is just transfer the media to the device. The same as just drag and dropping media onto the Zen drive. If you don't sync, I don't even know how you get your music on the Zen, because its basically the same thing. Hell even with the Zune you still select and then drag and drop it to the Zune icon.

There are options in iTunes and Zune software to disable automatically uploading all media to iPods and Zunes. Most people simply just keep hitting NEXT at the setup and miss it. So you still get to be in control.

It's an innovation, not being lazy. So if you lived when the first car came out. Did you tell people that they are too lazy to walk? It's a time saver. Having to go track through the long list of songs or folders to find the ones you don't. My Creative Zen Nano does however have a delete option built into the OS, which is amazing because you don't have to go through a ton of side menus just to access the delete option. Not sure if the newer Zen models still have it or not.

iPod Nano, unless the Zen X-Fi offers apps and web browser like the iPod Touch.

That's because the Apple marketing department is actually good at what they do versus the other companies. They attract people who buy things based on how shiny and stylish they are and there are a lot of people like that.

The Zen could use the creative software or just windows explorer to drag the songs over but the Zune needs the software to send the songs over and usually groups all of them whereas I want to be selective with my songs.

the X-Fi is better than the nano because it has a tuner, microphone, and sd expansion. The x-fi has wifi though I think it only can do a few limited things with it (not as useful as the touchs) but then again, do you really need the internet on an mp3 player?? video isn't even necessary and the internet, even less so. I think the wifi itself could be good for transferring files wirelessly but not for web browsing, mobile internet just isn't up to par with standard computer web browsing yet.

I guess that Apple has good marketing, if good marketing is taking advantage of stupid people (people who would buy something because it looks shiny). I don't care what something looks like as long as it has more for my money spent, I mean I couild see if the X-fi was like 3x the size as the nano or something but it's not, they are very close in size.

Edited by IVIYTH0S