Mac VS Pc

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if any of you guys wanna learn a lil about apple and mac pc's and os X etc. there is a guy on youtube thats a programmer here in houston and he makes some pretty informative vids. they're kinda lengthy in time but full of good info. his name on youtube is mrbit10 so just search him.

I'd get a decently strong laptop, a 24" monitor, a wireless keyboard, and wireless mouse. You'll have the same specs (or better), you can pack up the laptop at anytime and go somewhere with it(really giving a purpose to having laptop components <_<). You may actually save money if you decide you don't need an overpowered laptop.

Laptops have switchable ram and storage...have a ball lol. My friend installed Mac OSX on his Gateway laptop (though he didn't keep it on there since it made his battery life like 40 minutes) but I'd say this is the best course of action for functionality/price.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

As someone who works on both. A Mac is a PC. PC stands for Personal Computer. :P

if i remember correctly, back eons ago when i was younger than andrew big blue coined the phrase IBM PC. that was back when apple 16's were around and had names like apple 2e. then the ibm part sorta got dropped after ibm started subing out to other companies and the product line became known as ibm clones or "PC's" for short. as was pointed out above pc stands for personal computer of the ibm clone variety.

i think ibm might have a suit here ! :lol:

I don't care if apple comes out with the best desktop in the world and it only costs $100 bucks, or a new mp3 player with 1TB of storage for $5, I will never touch an apple product. They do the dirtiest things to make it so that you can ONLY use apple branded stuff - from recessing the standard 3.5mm audio jack on the IPhone so far that normal headphones won't work(yes, it IS a STANDARD headphone jack buried in there), to removing/switching pins on the dock connector for the Iphone so your old cable won't charge it even though it plugs right in, to making the craziest connectors for their computers and not allowing other companies to make them so that you can only find them for outrageous prices from the apple store. Then when everything is finally settled, they come out with a new cell/mp3/computer accessory that is JUST different enough to need new parts but still does the same damn thing. God forbid you ever want to customize or add on to whatever you buy without going through one of their online "App Stores" - be it for a laptop, desktop, cell, or mp3 player. I'm not even going to get into that...

They make even Sony look like a humanitarian Open Source project, and it took Sony YEARS to finally release a digital camera with an SD slot to use instead of that stupid overpriced ProDuo crap. Its rediculous.

In defense of the Mac's they do have their place just like everything else. If you live in a cubicle and ONLY ever want to do audio/video work on a huge monitor - or better yet, two - then go for the Mac. If you want to use your computer for anything else get a PC.

/Apple rant.