Using Alt + F4 to close programs

kurosen

Using Alt + F4 to close programs  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you casually use Alt + F4 to close programs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Rarely / On occasion
    • I didn't know you could do that

I voted no. I rarely need to do that, and when I do it never crosses my mind. I just kill from the task manager instead.

Recently I used it when I played Assassin's Creed, because the game is a classy lady to exit otherwise (first you have to exit the animus, then you have to hit escape again and exit to the main menu, then you have to select your profile and hit continue, and THEN you can finally hit exit to windows...alt-F4 made it a hell of a lot quicker, lol).

Good lord, tell me about it. Quitting Assassin's Creed on the PC is seriously like an endurance trial. Someone made a

of just how ridiculous it is for those that think we're exaggerating. I just always pulled up the task manager and killed it from there though.

Nope, only time I ever even see "alt+F4" is when some jerk on TF2 is telling people to do it.

Yup, I learned it that same sort of way back in EverQuest. People would go on the public chat and ask for help on how to do this or that, and someone would write up a real helpful sounding reply telling them to hit Alt-F4. Evil.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord, tell me about it. Quitting Assassin's Creed on the PC is seriously like an endurance trial. Someone made a
of just how ridiculous it is for those that think we're exaggerating. I just always pulled up the task manager and killed it from there though.

Holy.....:huh:

They obviously don't want you to quit.

It is rather excessive...

To be honest... I don't recall it being too bad, then again I never quit a game until I finish it or it locks up so in most cases the only way the game gets closed is through task manager, but when I'm breaking from the game I just minimize it.

Edited by Deathmineral

lol, great music in that video.

I'd expect more people on this forum of all places to use it! I almost always alt-F4. I hate having to go, grab the mouse, run it across the desk till it's over the x, click, then go back to the keyboard. Maybe I'm lazy :P

I very rarely use Alt-F4.

Whats with people saying "too lazy to grab the mouse", what are you doing? Using just apps which use both hands on the keyboard??

When I am at my PC, almost the entire time I have one hand on the mouse. Infact, to use Alf-F4, I would have to reach all the way over to the kb.

So yea, what do you guys do at your computers? Surely not browse the web using only kb??

i usuall play games that dont have the X in the corner...

i mostly do use the mouse to close the browser, but after ive typed something eg this txt i just dont bother myself with the mouse...

Just like PETEZ said, I always keep my right hand on the mouse and my left hand on the keyboard, I didn't actually notice til the other day though that I keep my right hand in the WASD position... guess I game more than I should. :P

lol, i even noticed i keep my left hand in the WASD position, altho i only need the spacebar for handbrake, while im playing GRID with the arrow keys... :O

Edited by PingoPongo