kurosen

Using Alt + F4 to close programs

Using Alt + F4 to close programs  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you casually use Alt + F4 to close programs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Rarely / On occasion
    • I didn't know you could do that

So I just received a Dell Mini 9 that I ordered for someone, and found in order to use the F4 key, I need to press the function key as well. That made it unusable for me as pressing alt + F4 is my primary way to close programs and ctrl + F4 to close individual tabs while browsing. Yes, I know I could just press the X at the top of the window to close it, but it's become a habit. The fact that Dell made the F4 key accessible only when pressing the function key as well caused me to wonder if it was really used much by anyone else besides me.

So am I alone on this? Do others use alt + F4 and ctrl + F4 as well?

I've started using it more and more with my laptop to avoid the trackpad. But with a mouse I don't bother.

I voted "rarely/on occasion".

Recently I used it when I played Assassin's Creed, because the game is a classy lady to exit otherwise (first you have to exit the animus, then you have to hit escape again and exit to the main menu, then you have to select your profile and hit continue, and THEN you can finally hit exit to windows...alt-F4 made it a hell of a lot quicker, lol).

As for your mini, I really don't see the prob of hitting Fn-Alt-F4. Sure, it make take some getting used to, but it's not that bad. I use fn+alt on my laptop when i want to do special alt-characters, like

When both hands are on the keyboard, I get lazy and alt + f4.

^^ ya me 2... my mouse is just so far away :O

was tempted to choose the 3rd option before i experimented with the keyboard... jk :D

Ill better reach for the TV remote than waste the same energy and LOADS OF TIME finding that X and moving my mouse to it.

Let alone pushing it...

Edited by PingoPongo