Anyone Here Shoot?

PaiN

One thing about guns, kinda general, but I was hearing they want to make the SAW's bullets to be the same as the M16's. So you will have to shoot the enemy like 3 times before he dies. All because of stupid weight, but aren't you going to use up more bullets by having to shoot the enemies more?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing about guns, kinda general, but I was hearing they want to make the SAW's bullets to be the same as the M16's. So you will have to shoot the enemy like 3 times before he dies. All because of stupid weight, but aren't you going to use up more bullets by having to shoot the enemies more?

You might be confusing the SAW(Squad Automatic Weapon) with something else. The US uses the M249 that fires a 5.56x45 NATO round same as the M16. In civilian use semi-auto rifles(like my AR) the 5.56x45 is interchangable with .233 Remington

I have an AR-15 made by LMT - the Defender 2k Patrol Std. model

and I have a CZ 75 BD in 9mm

I dont get to shoot either enough to make me happy, but I'm stocking up on AR spare parts, 30 rd. mags, and ammo. with the AR, I prefer to shoot the Federal XM193 in 5.56 NATO.

I really like the OPs CZ 527 Carbine. my next gun will be a CZ or Remington 700 series bolt-action rifle chambered in .223 or .308

Edited by razor

For most people it's because it looks cool. Kind of funny when people use a home defense, because our M16s are designed to wound, not kill :P. I would much rather something shorter and with much more stopping power than an AR5 when it comes to that. But for fun and target shooting, I would love an AR-15.

I would say that's probably because of full metal jacket versus hollow point / JHP.

I'm pretty sure JHP's are illegal for war...Hague convention of 1899.

I carry a Glock Model 19 with the Lasermax integral laser designator.

http://www.lasermax.com/category.php?id=1

Additionally, I use Glock Model 17 magazines with Plus 2 base plates for 19 rounds. If I slam load a round that's 20 total rounds in a very compact weapon.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=113013

I very much want to add this little piece to my collection.

http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/glockstock.html

How much recoil does that H&K have? .40 cal on a handgun is quite a bit of power.

Almost none. By FAR the best balancing gun I've shot. I don't like any Glocks, and although the XD is ok, the XDM balanced horribly. Too nose heavy. Also make note that I carry the regular service model and not the shorter Compact one. H&K make very nice weapons

Love my Smith and Wesson M&P .40 and the ever-useful 12 ga. Mossberg pump. Considering choices for a CCW pistol and would like to add a Remington 870 and .223 black rifle in the future.

if you have trouble finding an AR (I'm assuming AR because you said .223 black rifle), shoot me a PM. my favorite local shop always manages to have a few in stock, regardless of the insane demand in my area.

for your CCW, may I recommend one of CZs compact or semi-compact models?

- CZ P01: 14 rd. capacity 9mm w/total length of 7.2", weighing 1.7lbs., all metal construction (none of that polymer BS)

- CZ 2075 RAMI: 14 rd. capacity 9mm OR 8 rd. capacity .40 S&W, total length 6.6", weighing 1.6lbs., all metal construction

what I really like about CZ firearms is that the guys who are paid to protect us civilians prefer them over other, more costly/well known firearms. they are rugged, dependable, and easy to use and maintain. of equal importance is that they are exceptionally accurate out of the box - I've shot a number of models @ my local, and they're all the same: excellent.

Edited by razor

Almost none. By FAR the best balancing gun I've shot. I don't like any Glocks, and although the XD is ok, the XDM balanced horribly. Too nose heavy. Also make note that I carry the regular service model and not the shorter Compact one. H&K make very nice weapons

How does the ammo capacity of it compare to a normal 9mm pistol? Seeing as I'm required to qualify with an M9, I've decided to purchase a 9mm for self defense. That and ammo availability.

Bit more on topic, I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge which I use for clays and birds, and for our herd animals that come to the end of their road. The latter really sucks, especially when they're young.

what I really like about CZ firearms is that the guys who are paid to protect us civilians prefer them over other, more costly/well known firearms. they are rugged, dependable, and easy to use and maintain. of equal importance is that they are exceptionally accurate out of the box - I've shot a number of models @ my local, and they're all the same: excellent.

Heh, nah, actually I have a shop right down the street that custom builds ARs for a real decent price. As for the CZ firearms, I agree, they are nice weapons. I owned a .40 semi-compact IWI Baby Eagle (Jericho to you Israelis) which is based on a CZ design and it was a SWEET piece. Unfortunately, that particular multi-hundred dollar firearm was stolen out of my old Chevy Cavalier. Anywho, metal frames are nice, I like polymer to an extent, and M&P over Glock all day. Shot them both, it's no contest. Anyway, I'm out!