Anyone Here Shoot?

PaiN

How does the ammo capacity of it compare to a normal 9mm pistol? Seeing as I'm required to qualify with an M9, I've decided to purchase a 9mm for self defense. That and ammo availability.

Depends on the mag you get. The 9mm and the .40's use the same magazine for the most part, but their view holes are a bit different. The .40's will come with either a 10 round or a 13 round mag plus one in the chamber. We use the 13 round mags here. Our AR-15's have 30 round mags, but we load to 28 to save spring wear-n-tear.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is certainly a topic I can get behind!

I moved my gun safe around the house a few months ago, and emptied it out for the move:

post-8060-1233351197_thumb.jpg

post-8060-1233351214_thumb.jpg

I make all of the ammo I shoot, and never have to buy it from the store!

I'm pretty handy with an air rifle / paintball gun, and I've shot a shotgun, but as you'll all know our laws prohibit owning a shotgun unless you need it, and most other guns are banned. I was going to buy a realistic airsoft gun, but you have to have a special license for one now, which involves paying for a recognised club membership :(

I'm pretty handy with an air rifle / paintball gun, and I've shot a shotgun, but as you'll all know our laws prohibit owning a shotgun unless you need it, and most other guns are banned. I was going to buy a realistic airsoft gun, but you have to have a special license for one now, which involves paying for a recognised club membership :(

I feel for ya bro.

I feel so old fashioned:

.22 scoped semi (my second rifle - my first was a single-shot bolt action .22)

.357 mag Reuger Black Hawk s/a (I generally practice using .38 rounds to save on wrist and cost - this was a Xmas present from my b-i-l in the mid-70s)

.3030 Winchester centennial lever-action carbine (could have bought the rifle but the carbine was so damn well balanced, I could not resist it - they were the same price and I was 14, put it on law-a-way and paid $20/month for a year to get it)

Dream gun - an M-14 like I trained on in USMC

Sometimes, late at night, I dream of getting one of those .50 cal pistols.

This is certainly a topic I can get behind!

I moved my gun safe around the house a few months ago, and emptied it out for the move:

post-8060-1233351197_thumb.jpg

That gun that's on the ammo boxes, that wouldn't be a Spanish .308 Winchester Magnum would it? A friend of mine owns a gun that looks almost identical to that one, it's a somewhat old Spanish military carabine with takes .308 Win Mag rounds.

Love my Smith and Wesson M&P .40 and the ever-useful 12 ga. Mossberg pump. Considering choices for a CCW pistol and would like to add a Remington 870 and .223 black rifle in the future.

As for a CCW, I'm just dribbling over the new Ruger LCR

I'm considering selling the PF-9 for one, after they release on March 1st.

firearms-images-products-461l-tm.jpg

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/LCR/index.html

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LCR.htm

Ive got 2 chunks of very inexpensive WWII Soviet gunnery. Mosin Nagant 91/30. The first made in 1939 the other made in 1942. I bought them mostly for their historical value but they are dirt cheap and tons of fun to shoot.

I hope I dont break any tables with these.

1939mosinmy0.jpg

This one shoot dead on. All serials are matching too :) Made in Izhevsk Russia in 1939. You can tell this one was made before WWII simply because the finish is a lot better.

mosinnagantqy5.jpg

This one shoots a bit to the left. I stripped the soviet shellac that was applied in the 70s and gave it a linseed oil finish. Also made in Izhevsk Russia but in 1942. Wartime Mosins were much more "rough" because they cranked these things out retardedly fast. The "rough" isnt a bad thing since its fully functional, it just adds a little to the gun's personal history.

Fun guns with a lot of history for less than 100 bucks each.

Edited by SMeeD

Topic Cleaned. Let's try and stay ON topic <_<

So if I post "I want to discuss the bestest new processors, oh and nobody can mention AMD" then the thread will be cleaned? <_<

Meh, sorry 4am

Edit: lol, forum politics. :P

Well 3X Makarov pistols,Dan Wesson 44 mag 6 in bbl Hunter,Taurus 92 Modded springs,sights,20rd mags,AMT 22 Automag,22 Mountain Eagle,Ruger 22 auto,Marlin 22 mag bolt,Belgian Mauser sporter 3006,2X Russian SKS,Lee Enfield SMLE in 308 Win,Remington Nylon 66, Rem 700 in 338 ultramag,Ruger Bisley 22/22 mag,Sig Sauer 226 .357 sig,H+K USP 45,S+W 586 .357 4in bbl, All except the 22s/22mags,handloaded.The taurus with the mods is about as accurate as the Sig. The Maks with handloads are a Great carry arm