Forum Wars - Winter 2009

The Smith

I'm reading into it as well atm. I'll join though. Never have got around to pushing my q6600 to it's max clock. And I have a DFI P45-T2RS and a WC loop to install. I'll be WCing the GTX260 as well.

Been considering changing over my spare pc to a Shuttle with my old 8800gtx too so I might enter that as well.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so the benches to be used are posted:

Bench's used for Winter Warz and their Score weighting

Geekbench (10x score)(32bit version only)

3D03 (true score)

3D06 (4x score)

Super PI (7 sec = 120000 score) (version 1.5)

wPrime 32 (5 sec = 120000 score) (version 1.55)

Overclock Bonus (1000 points for every 1% OC on Super Pi)

****** All benchmarks can be found at www.forumwars.us ******

Are we to assume that's SuperPI 1M?

Also, I don't understand the scoring for SuperPI and wPrime32. Can anyone explain how those scores would be calculated?

OK, so the benches to be used are posted:

Are we to assume that's SuperPI 1M?

Also, I don't understand the scoring for SuperPI and wPrime32. Can anyone explain how those scores would be calculated?

Yes it would be 1M. :)

As for the scoring, I shall find out for you the exactly method being used this time around.

Back in the Winter 2008 wars, the superPi scoring was worked out like this:

This is the calculation I've come up with for SuperPi scoring:

226275/SQRT(Score)

So that's 226275 divided by the square root of the score, which gives a graph that looks like this:

graph-1.jpg

As you can see, it means the score doesn't increase in a linear fashion, but increases more sharply the lower the time is.

The number is 226275 to adjust the scoring so 8 secs = 80,000pts

30secs ends up around 40,000 (41,312 to be exact)

If you could get as low as 5 secs that would be around 100,000pts

There is no minimum score with this method, but anything over 30secs doesn't incur too harsh a penalty.

If I remember correctly, the same method was employed last time, but the numbers were adjusted slightly to increase the scores slightly.

I'm not sure about WPrime. :unsure:

Thanks jammin. The algorithm for calculating my score based on my time is what's most important to me, but it's neat to see the logic behind it. It makes a lot of sense given how difficulty in reducing times is not linear.

Thanks for the heads up Verran. I'm happy the PCpitstop benchmark has been ditched out. :)

No prob! I've been waiting eagerly to see the list. I was figuring that Vantage wouldn't be on there and I'm happy to see I was right. That OC Bonus is a cool idea too.

Now I'm just waiting for an example submission post to see how they want all of this submitted. I know it will probably be very similar to last time, but a current one would be great. If one already exists, I've missed it so please let me know :lol: