The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

SHARKOON 7 button programmable mouse: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826794010
Fastest I ever got used to a new mouse. Cost the same as my old one, $30. Wasn't spending more than that, even though the Black Deathadder was $35- Only reason I bought a new one was that mine had been broken by someone else.

In the process of ordering new wheels/tires for the Miata. It lives again, but the driver's rear tire got a nice puncture on it's last drive. Ugh.

15x8's here we come!

• 2 weeks later...

bought a note 4 today since my note 3 took a 3 story dive a few weeks ago. Decided to buy the Note 4 after seeing Samsung is going for the stupid crowd that sees something shiny and goes ape to have it instead of making the usability better they canned that and made a glass phone so 1 drop means $800 more down the toilet.

Well, I finally caught up with HDTV tech. Upgraded my Mitsubishi 50" 720p DLP to a Vizio M70-C3 70" 4K (~$1900-2000 after tax and SquareTrade warranty). Bought it from Costco, so if Vizio releases 2015 P-Series or R-Series this year within 3 months I can return and upgrade it. Movies look great on it and so does streamed media. Broadcast TV however is iffy depending on the channel (cable TV). I wish it had Android TV, it uses Yahoo Smart TV App Store. It seems only Sony has Android TV integrated. Looks like I'll be trading in my Fire TV stick for a 4K capable Nvidia Shield console or Intel NUC HTPC. For some reason I can't get the Fire TV Plex app to upscale to 4K, but the Yahoo Plex app will upscale. I also need to upgrade my AV receiver. It looks like the new Denon models have HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 on all ports.

Pros:

Best price/performance 4K TV of this size

Great for movies & HQ streams

1x HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2 for 4K @ 60Hz (future proof)

2x HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2 for 4K @ 30Hz (future proof)

QWERTY on back of remote

Cons:

Broadcast TV is pretty meh/okay (might be my source)

Soap Opera effect on certain TV content (game mode fixes it, but disables other features/settings)

2x HDMI ports have HDCP 2.0

Remote doesn't have a back-light on the front and the QWERTY back-light shuts off too quickly.

M5g0CIEl.jpg

Blew the transmission on my truck, so went looking for a replacement.  2000 Dodge 3500 mason dump with 9 foot snowplow, new transmission and tires.  64K miles, no rust.  :)

11899940_10152951334078204_8725539607648

Picked up a Denon AVR-S710W for $45 off. Bought 15% off eBay gift cards on Target.com. Then bought Crutchfield gift cards on eBay :whistling:  Now I need some speaker wire and banana plugs.

Looks like a nice future proof unit:

5x HDMI 2.0a (firmware upgrade) and HDCP 2.2 on each port (I don't think anyone is even offering that yet)

Dolby Atmos and DTS:X (firmware upgrade)

Audyssey Bronze

Music streaming services

Bluetooth, Ethernet, and WiFi built-in

On a side note: I fixed upscaling for Fire TV Stick. You need to disable auto-resolution setting and manually configure it.

Edited by WhenKittensATK

I just got a NIB Microsoft Sidewinder FFB wheel on Craig's list for $20 to play Dirt Rally.  I'm loving it (especially for the price).  I had a hard time controlling things with the old XBox 360 controller in this game. 

Edited by Minime 939

• 2 weeks later...

Sense I can't seem to modivate myself to rebuild my old folding rigs I bought these on a shell shocker this morning. Total about $270. Again it's destined to be a folding rig so I was not looking for big proformance.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=33558367

Can't see the parts! :( Seems like the link itself is to your own private wish list?