The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

HAHA. Your a buzz bomb now. 

I always love it when we cold start one of the modern AMG's at the shop first thing in the morning. 

Short crank followed by a bang then the secondary air injection pump kicks on and it rattles the entire shop until the cats and 02's warm and the engine goes to closed loop. then it idles down and still grumbles the place. Love a well designed hand built German engine.

My lovely new MSI GTX980Ti... I think I'm going to name her "Princess Cirilla", Witcher 3 here I come ! :D

Princess%20Cirilla_zpsqtuc98sf.jpg

HMMM guess you dont like your new 980 ti very much,  I never understood why people pull their brand new part out of the bag and then place it right on top of the static bag.  Its called a static bag because it hold a static charge on the outside of the bag not allowing the charge to get to the part on the inside.

Anyway, looks like a nice card, hope you enjoy it.

My lovely new MSI GTX980Ti... I think I'm going to name her "Princess Cirilla", Witcher 3 here I come ! :D

HMMM guess you dont like your new 980 ti very much,  I never understood why people pull their brand new part out of the bag and then place it right on top of the static bag.  Its called a static bag because it hold a static charge on the outside of the bag not allowing the charge to get to the part on the inside.

Anyway, looks like a nice card, hope you enjoy it.

The anti static bag is probably just for protecting during shipping incase it moves around a lot.

My old EVGA GTX980 didn't come in any anti static bag, just in some cheap plastic so that probably received way more static charge during shipping.

Do you suggest I place the card on my carpet and take pics ? Or PCB-down on my table and then take pics ?

On top of the bag is better than nothing  :teehee:

Have a good time returning to the Northern Realms and visiting all of it's villages and ruins with lovely Cirilla.  :cheers:

no need to worry about placing hardware on an anti-static bag,.. they are non conductive.

Edited by Braegnok

• 3 weeks later...