The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

i just aquired a new i7 5775c from the egg,...it will replace the i3 4170 currently main brain in the security cam server for my house,...not that the i3 wasn't doing a pretty good job keeping all 6 foscams moving, at a low energy expenditure, but, imma techno-geek, so why not,...imma also a sucker for the bleeding edge electronica, so shrug...i know some guys are probably saying "well damn cj, why didn't you just take the whole thing to the next level and set up socket 1151", and the reason is the 65 watt tdp, only 9 watts more than the i3 with a fully threaded quad core and 14nm lithography,...it's actually the perfect solution to the applications it's needed for,...and oh yeah, iris pro 6200 and much much more...so i7 5775c, on an asus z97 mini-itx, and devoted to security cams...

Cj Loki, catching the crooks in 4K. Hell yeah.

• 1 month later...

I bought a generic USB 3.0 PCI-E adapter card to add USB 3.0 ports to an old PC.  I can't believe this is my first PC-related purchase in a couple years, and what a lame one at that.  :doh: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, finally made a bigger purchase. I got the WD My Cloud Mirror 2-bay NAS for my folks to backup their stuff.  Works out of the box and no need to worry about much setup for basic backup and online access.  Good enough for me:)

2 suits, 3 dress shirts, 2 ties, and a fitbit charge hr. RIP my bank account until payday.

Edited by onions