United States Presidential Election 2008

Great_Gig

US Election  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain

If I were going to vote I would vote for Obama.

There are a lot of reasons why I don't like Mccian I'm not going to get into them right know but one big factor why I wouldn't vote for him is because of his age hes 72 years old and the fact that his health hasn't been that too good. Hes maybe only got 20-25 more years of his life left and there is a much higher probably compared to other presidents that he may die in office. If he died In office I don't believe he would be leaving the country in good hands. I don't think palin has enough political experience to be running this country yet.

After reading through this thread it kind of ticks me off that some people are voting for a candidate just for 1 reason like only voting for somebody because they support guns or abortion or pro-civil unions or other stuff like that. People should be more concerned about the big issues that are in our country like fixing our economy or the war or our borders/homeland security not the little un-important issues like support guns or abortion or pro-civil unions these issues should be dealt with at another time when America is more stable.

Those "unimportant" issues are what the election process is all about. <_< Yes, the economy and the war are important, but it just so happens that the people who tend to pass my three tests are also the ones who I believe will be better stewards of economic success. Lower taxes and tighter spending will be better for the economy right now than higher taxes and more spending. Finishing a war we are in the process of winning will be better than leaving prematurely and having it all fall apart again. McCain just so happens to believe as I do in that respect. I'm sorry you're ticked off, but I have my reasons for voting the way I do, and I think they are well founded - not something I saw on "Rock the Vote" on MTV and decided to jump on a particular politician's bandwagon for no reason.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The difference comes down to judgment. Both McCain and Palin have exhibited very poor judgment in various matters regardless of how much experience they have, yet Obama has shown a far greater level of good judgment, especially when it comes to foreign policy. If McCain can't exercise good judgment despite having years of experience, then that experience isn't worth anything.

The difference comes down to judgment. Both McCain and Palin have exhibited very poor judgment in various matters regardless of how much experience they have,...

Elaborate.

yet Obama has shown a far greater level of good judgment, especially when it comes to foreign policy. If McCain can't exercise good judgment despite having years of experience, then that experience isn't worth anything.

Would this be the same good judgment he used on his "intern" tour across the middle east a couple months back that cost him his 11 point lead over McCain?

Ron Paul needs to pull an Andrew Jackson in this election. I hope some know what I mean but for those that don't I'll say that Andrew Jackson was a little know candidate and yet somehow got into presidency. Ron Paul is the only reason why I'm a registered republican. Of course there aren't any better candidates that are democratic so I would be better off saying that Ron Paul is the only reason I'm registered for any party.

and I don't think automatic weapons and silencers would have changed the founding fathers' view that the right of the people to bear arms should not be infringed. If anything, had they known about silencer and automatic weapons at the time, the founding fathers' persistence that the federal government fear the people might have cause them to require very household to stock automatic weapons :lol:.

But my point wasn't even with automatic weapons and silencers in mind. The right to own a mere pistol is being threatened by the government. That's where the real concern is.

I think that if the founding fathers could have seen what the federal military would become, and the power it posses' they would have outlawed a federal military in the constitution. After al most of what was going on politically in the early days of our nation was aimed at limiting the power of the federal government.

Edited by RADEON

Ron Paul needs to pull an Andrew Jackson in this election...

+1

But it ain't gonna happen :(

Of course there aren't any better candidates that are democratic...

Dennis Kucinich would have gotten my vote...

I think that if the founding fathers could have seen what the federal military would become, and the power it posses' they would have outlawed a federal military in the constitution. After al most of what was going on politically in the early days of our nation was aimed at limiting the power of the federal government.

The military was never one of those things.

The difference comes down to judgment. Both McCain and Palin have exhibited very poor judgment in various matters regardless of how much experience they have, yet Obama has shown a far greater level of good judgment, especially when it comes to foreign policy. If McCain can't exercise good judgment despite having years of experience, then that experience isn't worth anything.

Obama has had better Judgment? In regards to what exactly? Oh yeah consorting with domestic terrorists? That's good. Someone should also ask him if him and his wife were making around 200,000 dollars each 2 years ago, where the other 4.8 million dollars he had came from.

Obama has shown a far greater level of good judgment,

You mean when he was getting high on cocaine, drinking beer, consorting with anti-American terrorist like William Ayers of the Weatherunderground, getting brother-in-law house deals from slumlord Tony Rezko, feigning ignorance to his long time preacher's Black Liberation politics?

Not good Barry!

You mean when he was getting high on cocaine, drinking beer, consorting with anti-American terrorist like William Ayers of the Weatherunderground, getting brother-in-law house deals from slumlord Tony Rezko, feigning ignorance to his long time preacher's Black Liberation politics?

Not good Barry!

Well Said!