United States Presidential Election 2008

Great_Gig

US Election  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain

one thing they always overlook is the fact that congress will not pass the bill that allows small businesses to co op together to form larger groups.

this reduces premiums drastically...

if you could group 20 small businesses, with 50 employees together you would get premiums based on a 1000 member group.

there have been efforts to pass this into law for over 15 years and congress always votes it down.

they bull crap you about their concern while resting comfortably in the pockets of the insurance companies.

i know these things as a fact since i own a small business.

i pay almost $5000/month when i could be paying less than $3000 if this bill was to pass.

i also pay 100% of the costs for my employees since they generate all of the profits in the 1st place.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have yet to hear a solid argument against a flat tax.

It baffles me how anyone could think it isn't the most fair way of doing things and allows success at any level.

because the majority of law makers are lawyers.....

and you need lawyers to interpret todays tax codes....

My general opinion on tax is that one of the main jobs it serves is to raise the minumum standard of living for the people of a country (which is quite an important benchmark).

Now that doesn't mean you can't let people get rich, but it is harder to achieve on a flat across the board tax rate (at least in my opinion).

Now I also believe that widening gaps between the richest and poorest people in a country isn't good for that countries overall health.

Anywho, I haven't been following the election waffle that closely, but I am pretty accurate in assuming that the mentality is that the best smear campaign wins the day?

The whole process baffles me to be honest (the fund raising, the ridiculous length of the whole thing, etc. etc.). I really don't think it is the best way to be choosing a leader.

I wouldn't even vote if it weren't for the fact that I'm scared to death that Palin could be president one day. Besides, I've seen so many years of Bush that I'd like to see some variety.

Edited by Jhester

I wouldn't even vote if it weren't for the fact that I'm scared to death that Palin could be president one day. Besides, I've seen so many years of Bush that I'd like to see some variety.

You would definitely get variety with Obama. You would get a variety of terrorists attacking America, a variety of lies and a variety of Bull****.

And what exactly scares you about Palin?

Edited by InCrYsIs

You would definitely get variety with Obama. You would get a variety of terrorists attacking America, a variety of lies and a variety of Bull****.

Actually, some might argue that terrorists attack the US because of BS imperialist foreign policies that Obama wants to put a stop to. But I guess a lot of people subscribe to the idea that these current "Wars on Terror" can actually eliminate terrorism entirely... like we'll all be sitting around one day and see on the news "We got 'im. That's the last one. No more terrorism now, folks!"

As far as the other two, you're kidding yourself if you think either candidate won't sling incredible amounts of lies and bull.

And what exactly scares you about Palin?

I don't like her crazy far-right wing stance. Call it a smear if you want, but I honestly think her daughter is a perfect example of how abstinence-only .-ed is the educational equivalent of sticking one's head in the sand. I also think that it's very easy to be gung-ho about that sort of stuff when you're from a pretty unique state like Alaska, but I'm not convinced it's the proper solution for the whole country. Finally I'm really not convinced that this "Bridge to Nowhere" (her only real talking point that I've seen so far) is anything near what she's making it out to be. When she was mayor, apparently, she was all for it. Then voted it down as governor, but apparently the money still went to the state budget.

But hey, at least it's even now. The democrats can freak out about every attempt to discredit them by claiming the "race card" unjustly and republicans can now flip out about the "gender card" unjustly, just like they are with the whole lipstick encounter at the moment.

Actually, some might argue that terrorists attack the US because of BS imperialist foreign policies that Obama wants to put a stop to. But I guess a lot of people subscribe to the idea that these current "Wars on Terror" can actually eliminate terrorism entirely... like we'll all be sitting around one day and see on the news "We got 'im. That's the last one. No more terrorism now, folks!"

As far as the other two, you're kidding yourself if you think either candidate won't sling incredible amounts of lies and bull.

I don't like her crazy far-right wing stance. Call it a smear if you want, but I honestly think her daughter is a perfect example of how abstinence-only .-ed is the educational equivalent of sticking one's head in the sand. I also think that it's very easy to be gung-ho about that sort of stuff when you're from a pretty unique state like Alaska, but I'm not convinced it's the proper solution for the whole country. Finally I'm really not convinced that this "Bridge to Nowhere" (her only real talking point that I've seen so far) is anything near what she's making it out to be. When she was mayor, apparently, she was all for it. Then voted it down as governor, but apparently the money still went to the state budget.

But hey, at least it's even now. The democrats can freak out about every attempt to discredit them by claiming the "race card" unjustly and republicans can now flip out about the "gender card" unjustly, just like they are with the whole lipstick encounter at the moment.

I find McCain to be more sincere when he speaks. Something about Obama scares me(not his color). His associations, his views and his lack of experience. I mean lets me honest. If some of things about him came out during the primary he would never have beat Clinton. Actually what scares me most of Obama is where the hell did he actually come from. He was a nobody and is now on the verge of being president. Something is awry here.

I find McCain to be more sincere when he speaks. Something about Obama scares me(not his color). His associations, his views and his lack of experience. I mean lets me honest. If some of things about him came out during the primary he would never have beat Clinton. Actually what scares me most of Obama is where the hell did he actually come from. He was a nobody and is now on the verge of being president. Something is awry here.

All I can say is my president better not be him.... If I absolutely had to vote somebody and not write in RP it would be him... Oh and thanks guys for setting me straight on taxes... flat across the board does make more sense and if any one group is taxed more than the other both suffer..

It's funny to hear arguments of "inexperience" and "where did they come from?" from someone promoting a ticket with Palin on it... <_<

As for the "something about him just scares me" and lack of sincerity... I've been saying that about jeedub for eight years now. :rolleyes: