Forum Wars Summer 2008 Discussion Thread

jammin

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm..

I also did not participate the last rounds, and may be taking this one seriously. I will be whipping out the old school tricks and tweaks for sure :ph34r: . My CPU, like tradition with wolfdales, wants a notch or two more juice for the same clocks as when it was new, and although it still has been running 4.2ghz 24/7 since I got it, it now needs 1.34 instead of 1.3. Still a very happy 45nm, and things like SPI and 3d2k1 (which I LOVE) should be no problem at 4.5ghz.

I am anxious to "Let the games begin" and finally see what this 4870X2 can really do - the card seems disappointed that I just do a bit of UT3 and web browsing with it :lol:.

K guys if my stock scores do not get handed in dont worry to much, I'm waiting on an rma to get here, I'll be using my E7200 because intel is slow on returning my 7300.

and my biostar is taking forever! but my new gpu's are here!

Yup it was time to update the E6750 :P

That 6750 was a gem! Sigs just a teaser BTW. Theres more!

Do we have a private team room for forum wars? Some place to discuss what we are gonna do thats not available to the public?

K guys if my stock scores do not get handed in dont worry to much, I'm waiting on an rma to get here, I'll be using my E7200 because intel is slow on returning my 7300.

and my biostar is taking forever! but my new gpu's are here!

haha I'm also waiting for the RMA of my ASUS 8800GT 1Gb. I just hope to get something better :P

Do we have a private team room for forum wars? Some place to discuss what we are gonna do thats not available to the public?

I would be interested in that.

I still remember quite a few old OS and reg tweaks that I need to test to see if they are still applicable with todays hardware. Most have been lost and forgotten to the internet, and may or may not help anymore.

I wouldn't mind sharing the results for others that are playing for sure for OCC.

Time will be the biggest problem for me. Proper tweaking and testing takes DAYS, not just hours...every bench, OS, and hardware config likes different settings and its a real PITA to find them all out to see what works best as a whole.

what is the prelim-stock score?

what do we need to submit, or what verification image?

they are just all benches submited at everything on auto settings, you'll need verification images for the stock scores just like the overclocked scores with geekbench you need a SS with cpu-z cpu tab and mem tab and geekbench in the same window with the date and time showing, then a verificarion link and it's basically the same for all the other benches.

We did have one last year, but I think someone wanted us to have it over at TRP not here last year dunno if it was bosco or someone else, shoot bosco a pm see if we can open up a TEAM ONLY discussion page. :D

they are just all benches submited at everything on auto settings, you'll need verification images for the stock scores just like the overclocked scores with geekbench you need a SS with cpu-z cpu tab and mem tab and geekbench in the same window with the date and time showing, then a verificarion link and it's basically the same for all the other benches.

We did have one last year, but I think someone wanted us to have it over at TRP not here last year dunno if it was bosco or someone else, shoot bosco a pm see if we can open up a TEAM ONLY discussion page. :D

Thats just a phone call away