Post Forum Bugs Here

Angry_Games

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While reading threads when not logged in, I decide to reply. I click on the “Post Reply” button in the lower left of the thread. I go thru the usual check that I’ve read the rules thing, then get the logon screen, then the “Thank you for logging in, wingspar. Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you” screen. Then the next screen that shows up is the screen where I type in my reply, but that screen only stays up for about 1 to 2 seconds, then I’m taken to a blank page.

I think this may be where the problem is.

It seems to happen to me also, when I click "Post Reply" before being logged in (I don't get the blank screen however).

Go through the login process>compose message>hit "Post Quick Reply">am asked to login again>lose the message content>start over.

It's gotten to the point where I copy my message before hitting Post Quick Reply.

Never happens to me, isn't the timeout period defined by the administrator?

Edit; now that I think about it; as a matter of fact I stay logged on for days at a time.

Yes the time is controlled by the administrator.

Are you sure you don't have log me in automatically checked and you keep the cookie for this site?

If that was the case then you would be logged in everytime you accessed this site.

I am not sure this is what is happening for you, But just my thought.

Tmod

OK this isn't so much a bug as it is a question or suggestion: When you bookmark something in Firefox, you see the name of the bookmark as well as, in most cases, a small picture next to the name. I was wondering if this would be possible with DFI-Street? I really don't know how this is implemented and how it would be carried out, but it would be cool I think. Just a suggestion (because honestly I can't find anything wrong)

...Are you sure you don't have log me in automatically checked and you keep the cookie for this site?

If that was the case then you would be logged in everytime you accessed this site...

Tmod

I think you hit the nail on the head, forgot about that.

D'oh!

:rolleyes:

OK this isn't so much a bug as it is a question or suggestion: When you bookmark something in Firefox, you see the name of the bookmark as well as, in most cases, a small picture next to the name. I was wondering if this would be possible with DFI-Street? I really don't know how this is implemented and how it would be carried out, but it would be cool I think. Just a suggestion (because honestly I can't find anything wrong)

I don't know about others. But the small picture your talking about does appear for DFI-Street on my browser, only it just pics a random picture off of one of the other bookmarks. Right now its displaying the red/white envelope from gmail

Those little icons are called favicon’s. They are easy to do. I made one for my website. It would be nice to have one for this site. All we would have to do is come up with a design. It would have to be a 16-by-16 pixel image. Very small, which makes it a challenge to design something that is unique. The dfi.com website has one that says DFI. We could possibly use that one and change the color to a shade of orange or brown that would blend in with the colorscheme of Speedfire theme. Another contest for Happy maybe?

As others have stated that is the favicon and it is very simple to install.

All we need is approval from Happy and let him decide what it is going to be.

Tmod

Does anyone else notice that the access and loading of the street is slow?

I know of another site with the same host and it seems slow as well.

Maybe my imagination but I thought I would ask.

Tmod

isntant page load for me srry bud might be your connection

Hmmm this is the only host that I have problems with and the host is only a couple of miles away.

Tmod