Post Forum Bugs Here

Angry_Games

Hope I can explain this. It has happened last two times I tried to reply to a thread when not logged in.

While reading threads when not logged in, I decide to reply. I click on the “Post Reply” button in the lower left of the thread. I go thru the usual check that I’ve read the rules thing, then get the logon screen, then the “Thank you for logging in, wingspar. Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you” screen. Then the next screen that shows up is the screen where I type in my reply, but that screen only stays up for about 1 to 2 seconds, then I’m taken to a blank page. Clicking on refresh just keeps bringing up the blank screen. Hitting the back button repeatedly till I get to that screen that says “Thank you for logging in, wingspar. Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you”, then click on the browser does not automatically redirect you link, then I get to the page where I can reply. This just started happening yesterday or the day before. I’m using Firefox 1.5.0.4

I’m not quoting posts, just replying to the thread.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope I can explain this. It has happened last two times I tried to reply to a thread when not logged in.

While reading threads when not logged in, I decide to reply. I click on the “Post Reply” button in the lower left of the thread. I go thru the usual check that I’ve read the rules thing, then get the logon screen, then the “Thank you for logging in, wingspar. Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you” screen. Then the next screen that shows up is the screen where I type in my reply, but that screen only stays up for about 1 to 2 seconds, then I’m taken to a blank page. Clicking on refresh just keeps bringing up the blank screen. Hitting the back button repeatedly till I get to that screen that says “Thank you for logging in, wingspar. Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you”, then click on the browser does not automatically redirect you link, then I get to the page where I can reply. This just started happening yesterday or the day before. I’m using Firefox 1.5.0.4

I’m not quoting posts, just replying to the thread.

Could you tell me exactly what forum and post you encountered this problem on?

When a problem like this comes along we need all the info we can get to try and trace it down.

Thanks!

Tmod

Could you tell me exactly what forum and post you encountered this problem on?

When a problem like this comes along we need all the info we can get to try and trace it down.

Thanks!

Tmod

Well, it didn’t happen just now when I clicked on the email reply to this thread, and I logged in after reading your post, and clicked on the “Post Reply” button, then logged in.

The last thread it happened on was just before I posted the bug here.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68211

Well, it didn’t happen just now when I clicked on the email reply to this thread, and I logged in after reading your post, and clicked on the “Post Reply” button, then logged in.

The last thread it happened on was just before I posted the bug here.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68211

Hmmm I couldn't replicate the problem on that thread or any other for that matter.

Please keep me informed if this continues.

Tmod

Hmmm I couldn't replicate the problem on that thread or any other for that matter.

Please keep me informed if this continues.

Tmod

I can’t replicate it either. It happened the last two times before this time that I logged on that way. Oh well. May have been a hiccup somewhere else, and not a forum bug.

Might have been posted already, but it appears the '64-bit post' and '32-bit post' icons aren't appearing. This happens both at home on Firfox and on campus on IE.

You lost me here.

Where are these icons at on the forum?

Do you mean Post New Thread, Post Reply?

Screenshot of the area would be nice.

Tmod

Not so much a bug but what the heck happened to the search function? Advanced gives you very few options as opposed to the old search...holy smokes I'm trying to find an old post where I had some pics of IHS removal...and I've got alot of damned posts :sweat:

Argh...nevermind ;) you gotta select "posts" before moving on to advanced.... I think...anyway I got a handle on it :) I think...

Not so much a bug but what the heck happened to the search function? Advanced gives you very few options as opposed to the old search...holy smokes I'm trying to find an old post where I had some pics of IHS removal...and I've got alot of damned posts :sweat:

Argh...nevermind ;) you gotta select "posts" before moving on to advanced.... I think...anyway I got a handle on it :) I think...

This update will require a small learning curve from everyone here.

Glad to hear you got it figured out.

Tmod

Oldguy go into your PM screen and at the bottem left side it says ATTACHMENTS there you will have every pic you ever posted