Pentium 4 Extream Edition

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like looking at cars. You'd but a GM or Ford or Honda wouldn't you? but would you ever consider buying a daewoo or kia? same car, made with simliar ideas, same job getting your butt from point a to point b, just in a different price range.

ok first off your right about the prices, but the quality is wayyyyyyyyyy off. daewoo and kia are low prices POS's that cant even compare to chevy or gm or even ford for that matter. there is a huge quality difference; and there is hardly any way you can relate that to cpus, bah

$1,052.00 shipped from newegg mine will be here monday

HEHE, is that for a 3.2EE? I didn't pay 1/3 of that for mine...

And He's not a sucker for buying one if he did, it's his money and let him spend it how he wants.

And all this Prescott talk, have any of you guys tested a ES model yet? I didn't think so...All I got to say is that the 3.4 Prescott will be more than worth the $417. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 3.4 Prescott ES for a week, you will all be suprised.

I've played with chips much faster than 3.4ghz. I've played with early ES models of intle's 64 bit desktop chip. 4ghz was the starting speed on them :) they had sent a few to MS for initial testing in windows xp/longhorn 64 bit environments.

I've played with chips much faster than 3.4ghz. I've played with early ES models of intle's 64 bit desktop chip. 4ghz was the starting speed on them :) they had sent a few to MS for initial testing in windows xp/longhorn 64 bit environments.

Exactly, and you aren't knocking the new Intel chips, your standing somewhat behind them right now. Alot of guys are downing them and never seen or know the specs.

AMD will be in deep trouble if they don't up the clock speed dramatically. Intel is looking forward to a 4+ghz chip, 2mb L1 cache, HT 32 cores, and HT 64 bit cores on a single cpu (dual 32 bit and 64 bit on a single cpu!!!). Of course they told us they value of the chips was ~$10k each, so don't mess them up.

2MB L"1"?!?! Holy carp that would be insane, they make evrything with L2 cache because it's cheaper to produce (Bartons come with 64K L1 and 512K L2)...Then again at 10K for a chip, bells and whistles are kinda expected to come along with it.