Pentium 4 Extream Edition

Intel will soon be realising the Pentium 4 extream edition. It adds a sillly large 2mb level 3 cache giving the cpu a total of 2.5 of full speed on die cache. But this will is a dumb market idea in my opinion. What do you guys think?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because intel fans never give amd any credit

even with the Athlon 64 they just say oh well the next gen intel cpu will blow it away. and stuff like well AMD will never get it to sell. And well intel holds the monoply for computer companys. And Amd sucks because they uhh uhhh uhhh..... Thats why we dont give you guys credit.

first off dont say "you guys" referring to me as an intel poster boy, because I don't have the same poster boy mentality as you. if a processor has potential and capability of blowing its competitor away then I will opt for that processor. (WHICH is WHY i have DUAL OPTERONS!) True the athlon 64 is a better processor for now, its also more expensive than the p4 because ITS BETTER... (CPU companies always battle it out every year, with intel leading one year, and amd leading another year, Just like the gpu industry ATI vs Nvidia..)

But in response to your post

"But this will is a dumb market idea in my opinion. What do you guys think?"

Why would you start a post about something that is gonna make the processor better, not worse. Its not a dumb market idea... THIS IS A DUMB POST!

I can't believe I'm actually replying to this post.

General, it's not about who's better or who's worse. it's called marketing. Intel has been around longer and made a name for themselves with big business. It's like looking at cars. You'd but a GM or Ford or Honda wouldn't you? but would you ever consider buying a daewoo or kia? same car, made with simliar ideas, same job getting your butt from point a to point b, just in a different price range. but the market doesn't see it that way. Amd is in the same boat as the smaller car companies. they can't sell on name alone, they have to innovative. at the same time the big guys can't sit back and let the little underdog chew away at thier market share without some form of repsonse... be it a whole new design or some kind of revamp to a big name product. the P4 extreme is not a bad idea for now. it's going to allow intel to use thier name alone to sell against amd. reguardless if you like it or not it's still a good product with potential to sell on quality and on it's name.

I'm done, going to go have some breakfast and get going now.

I like both processors close to the same. Sure there is a constant battle for who is best. I guess I generally lean toward AMD mainly because of the price of equipment. But now I am going to be running a P4 rig very soon. Only cause I got a good deal on it. Both are good in my book and competition is always good to help keep prices somewhat normal.

but would you ever consider buying a daewoo or kia?

actully i just bought a daewoo monitor. But its not a car. Anyways. I just think its a dumb marketing move in my opinoin because intel has their next cpu comming out by the end of the year. Why even make a P4 Etream Edition?