Pentium 4 Extream Edition

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off i strated a topic about the extreme edition awhile ago ans second of all you ppl never learn. YOU CANT COMPARE THE FX TO THE P4 EE simply because they arent designed for the same things. Both are kind of a waste at the moment. For example nothing really utilizes the l3 cache on the p4 just as no game really utilizes the 256mb cards out there. Yet you ppl will sit at your computers like idiots and blare out your alligence to whatever company out there. Why cant you guys accept that there are two very nice chips out there that will drive down prices (competion between intel and amd) and speed up chip devolpment (again competition).

What do you mean they are not desined for the same things. They most cirtanally are, they are both gameing chips. The only diffrence is AMD will be ready for a cross between 64 Bit compuiting and 32 Bit computing. Its realy amasing, 64 and 32 bit, Im a intel fan but i think the p4 EE it a wast of time, the p4 3.2 Ghz is fast enough, there is know need for an EE edition. The AMD 64 bit is realy expensave now so, this gives intel enough time to design something better, like there own 32,64 bit cpu. I know they have one, a testing thing or something but it runs on programs that translate the 32 bit software to 64, otherwise its slow as hell. I just think intel kneeds to rething things. But, anyway, if i had the money I would have them both. :P

HyperThreading is an Intel only technology that simulates two processors. HyperTransport is a consortium of companies that use the new AMD BUS technology. Nvidia uses HyperTransport in their nForce2/3 chipsets to utilize memory bandwidth at 6.5Gbps where the Alpha EV6 only utilizes 3.2Gbps of memory bandwidth. HyperTransport is intended to be the new means of AMD BUS archetecture as the EV6 is becoming old and outdated technology that was first used in the AMD 760 chipset.

More info:

http://www.hypertransport.org/technology.html - HyperTransport Consortium

http://www.intel.com/technology/hyperthread/ - HyperThreading Technology

look intel has its points in the eyes of society. only recently has AMD starting to market to the public, before they were marketing to the poorer, computer enthusiast community. now i know some of you are going to freak out 'but mercury! im a computer enthusiast and i like intel' but then ask yourself, which company reached you first through their advertising? i there is a much smaller percent of amd to intel converters as visca versa. with that said, the fx-51 IS the fastest cpu on the market, whether its 64 bit capabilities are being utilized or not. im sure intel will come out with something faster in a while, and then amd, and back and forth. its like the argument of whether you are going to buy the best now, or wait a month cause 'such and such is on the horizon!'. there is always going to be a best, and that best is going to change. i just say pick the fastest at the time, you could be waiting forever for that new 'dodad' to come out, for me, id rather be using my computer instead of weaseling away money for the next 'greatest' thing on the horizon

• 2 weeks later...

I love the proccessor I have at the time when I had intel i loved it now I have AMD i love amd its all good keep arguing though it makes good reading by the way intels pent 4 are slow and useless AMD xp , 64 and 64 fx are the best little brains on the planet hope that gets you going ha ha ha ha.

Dont some of you guys find it odd that a chip that is 2.2ghz runs FASTER then a chip that runs 3.4?..that right there shows u that Intel is doing something wrong

are they really? i mean when a normal consumer goes to a store and tries to buy a computer they look at high numbers. Thats what intel has. They dont know that athlons can compete with intels at lower frequencies. Intel isn't doing anything wrong.. they are just taking a different approach and its obviously working because they have a larger part of the market.