The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

I usually apply the Ultimate Vista Icon Systems Patch and either VistaCG visual style (after using Multipatcher 5) or Vista 32x by Jemaho V2.0 (The Forgotten One) for Windowblinds 5. I don't care for the cut-off Vista orb or the log off or shut down text So I remove those via the registry or using the LSpatch included in VistaCG. I also don't care much for the transparency of the application background, I either want just the border transparent or nothing. The Vista Aero cursors and Vista sound pack are also easily found through Google. Those are just my personal preferences, and it is not as quick or as simple as applying the transformation pack. Good find, it should suit others that aren't as obsessive as me just fine.

Here's what I use as my Vista desktop's wallpaper:

0000000troyc3vistaxlp9.th.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much does the mem usage go up with this skin?

Lclock.EXE adds 1,396K. Other than that i can't find any difference. In my case i don't use it with Glass running(i don't like see through pages), so that may add some more if you have it running.

When i installed v5 i chose the update rather than a fresh install, not a good choice. It has caused numerous bsods and the rebuild icon cmd box kept coming up on every reboot. A back up of my os on True Image got me back to a stable os. The moral of this story is uninstall v4 and then install v5 even though you are offered the option of an update.

I updated from VTP4 with no problems. The icon rebuild cache thingy will run as long as postcon.bat is in the statup folder. Once it has been run once it can be safely removed. You need to double check that all programs are closed when running the VTP5 installer.

I updated from VTP4 with no problems. The icon rebuild cache thingy will run as long as postcon.bat is in the statup folder. Once it has been run once it can be safely removed. You need to double check that all programs are closed when running the VTP5 installer.

Yes the icon rebuild can be removed, but the Bsods could'nt :D Anyway all's up and running fine now.