The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

All that should be required to upgrade from a lower to a higher version of Vista, is a new license key. That's if MS sticks with their current plan.

centy's signature is well withing specs, when adding up the two images.

width 110 + 49 = 600 (650 max)

height is 192 (200 max)

25.2KB + 2.81 KB = 28.1KB (50KB max)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using Vista 5472 with a Lanparty UT nf4 SLI-D.

Sleep mode does not work (the fans continue spinning and it is not possible to wake the computer).

All fans are running pretty much at full speed. Installed Speedfan 4.29 (using it successfully under XP) but my setting are ignored: Even if I put the fan speed to 50%, they continue running at 100%.

Ideas?

Sleep mode does not work (the fans continue spinning and it is not possible to wake the computer).

All fans are running pretty much at full speed. Installed Speedfan 4.29 (using it successfully under XP) but my setting are ignored: Even if I put the fan speed to 50%, they continue running at 100%.

Ideas?

Might be the bios settings overiding your speedfan settings..

Centy, 2 things:

a. I really really love your Sig! not sure if it aint too big to the rules, but its really nice!

b. it all depends on prices...

if they will say, you get a cd, with all the vers...

ver a costs 250, ver b costs 300

buy a now, if you want b later, the max you will be pay is 50 $, then hell, thats a sweet deal...

but it depends if it will really be that delta between the prices...

a. Thanks a lot, it does conform with the rules yes :) less than 50kb in size and 600x192 pixels combined. I could make you one if you like, but in order to get the cool temp thing you have to run webtemp 24/7 and have an ftp to upload your temps to.

b. I would have thought they'd do it so if you paid say £250 for one version and the next version up is £300, all you should have to pay is £50 or less. That would be fair. But we are talking about microsoft here lol.

Ideas?

Might be the bios settings overiding your speedfan settings..

Sleep mode is still very temperamental, it works for some but not for others. I have no problem using it, it powers right back up when I hit the power button.

Try ITE Smartguardian instead.

Ideas?

Some PSUs can't shut down the fans or lights, using sleep mode, in XP or Vista.

You have to make a signature, as the rules state, before posting again. The link to the forum rules is below my signature.

I just installed 5384.4 and mam having a bit of trouble, noticed a few games that arent runing, im about to install sound blaster drivers for it now, then raid, then ima try .Net and see if I cant get this resolved, will repost.

Check out the 1st Post in thread.

You need to disable UAP and driver signing for sure.

You won't get RAID going in Vista x64 unless you start from an x64 Edition partition.

Go with Vista x32/86 if you don't have x64 Edition loaded allready.

There is no way to overclock vid card with Vista x64 Edition.

Shout if we can help

I have 8354.4 and I so far dont like it, First off I only have a 10G partition for OS, nd vista filled that to the brim upon first restart, Then I cant extract anything to whee id like to extract them, vista wants it to be c: somewhere..

I did ll the things in post 1, but problems with audigy 2 drivers..

Just downloded nero software so I can burn one of my backup OS' and see how they pan out..

I tried it fellas and dont like all the bugs, its slow as nails on my rig, alot of stuff keeps asking me to send error reports, the biggest problem for me is the 10G partition I had used for winXP, its just too small and vista errors when I try to tell it to extract files to s diff Hd..

Ive been toying with it since last night, and honestly dont like it, Hopefully the release version will be more apealing to me, the bugs here are too much..

Throws in the hat, Ive been defeated :)

Ok will give it a try, my newest problem is thn backup OS, Nero wont allow me to choose where to extract to..

What I need is a prog thatll allow me to show extract folder and install folder whereas c: wont be accessed at all..

Hope this will gimme a few more options..

But with 1M left to work with, we shall see..

I can not get MBM5 to work with vista I have read the MBM5 thead and when I try to load the program I get a "the driver didn't load" error message. Does anyone know how to fix this or what software I can use in Vista?

Thanks