The AMD 3GHz Club

No doubt i'd love to see it that cold and thank you kind sir. I know it isn't gonna last (kinda like when tfk had a better pi time waiting at home) but I am pretty proud to get up there for awhile. First week i had this chip i got 3010 which then put me at 9th, then 3110 got me to 2nd. Yesterday got 3150 stable and last nite's buzz pulled off 3170. Not sure what the future hold's but i think i do need a new handle.:rolleyes: LOL

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, there's been some great work over this weekend and loads of updates to do.

Tim and I had great fun working with his cpu and my Mushie's, I'm glad we couldn't crack my scores but we got pretty close (with more time I'm thinking we may have beaten my chip but time was of the essence).

oc newbie - you DEFINITELY need a new handle lol, or maybe just keep it for sarcastic purpose? Awesome work!

kitfit1 - nice to see you pushing that chip a bit more, good work mate.

CPDMF - you have me quivering in anticipation of your next ocdb..

To all - it's looking tight at the top now, 2.5 seconds separate 2nd and 4th places, laydback still has us all beat with that 3.2GHz 32M run though!

Friendly reminder: Rule #12 - "Multiple Accounts: Yeah so this one is easy...only one account allowed per user. Any violations will result in a swift and permanent ban. Period."

And oc newbie is a great nick. :)

NIce friggin' run Cliff!

It's starting to get pretty serious around here. The OCDB entries are as high if not higher than similar setups around the net that can just do 32M Pi runs.

I will need to come up with another CPU to throw in the CFX while I flog the crap out of this 148 on the expert. After these pelt runs are over I think some dry ice runs are in order.

A good GGG club laugh for ya. As some of you know I race and have a fairly quick street car on the bottle as well. Just for crap and giggles I brought a 10lb bottle in the house. I was giving the radiator a little squirt to see how far I could cool the pelt down. I managed to get idle temp on the CPU down to -22 but was seeing some condensation on the tubing so had to scrap the idea. I might wrap the tubing and go for a 150 shot sometime....

Hey all, i dont have my database entry yet, because im not prime stable(but im LAN party(game) stable)

but here is two entrys, i just realised that my faster entry has something up with the volts, running at stock?

anyway, i think i can get this runnig stable with a bit more volts. but im just deciding weather i should RMA my ram, as it had 8 errors in a 18 hour mem test

@zarathrustra-Off topic but where did u find that tool wallpaper I haven't seen that one around anywhere, If u got a link i would be very grateful. They are the band i listen to while clocking pretty much all the time.

I'll try and find the site for ya, whwn i remember where it is, otherwise I'll host the thing somewhere, and PM you a link.

There certainly has been some impressive clocks here lately. It seems like as soon as I've been able to join the ranks, everyone goes and raises the bar:rolleyes:

Lol, hows it Vaelo. Looks like a kiwi invasion in this place;)

Updated, nice to see you here vaelo, makes at least 4 kiwi's here.. who said we couldn't fly? Vaelo's in Napier, Tim and I are in Auckland, where abouts are you zarathrustra? (I'm sure you've told me before but I have some rotten memory for certain things.. and yet I NEVER write down memory or cpu timings!?! Selective memory I think.)