The AMD 3GHz Club

Well took a break from pi's to do an ocdb update have it posted later this morning. Gave my xp-90 a good lapping and found out it wasn't quite flat didn't give it a mirror finish yet but it seemed to help out quite a bit.:cool: 3150 but it passed prime with less volt's then it took to do 3110 lol so might get a little more.:)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank's bud I am truly shocked by this chip and can't believe the difference a lap made on my xp-90. I just tossed some ceramique on it for now but my idle temp's dropped 4 degrees and under load a little more than that. It passed everything so easy i really think i'll be able to get a little more on air but i think between the pi's and this ocdb entry it's time to play some games. Still can't wait to see 3200+ up there from u though. I modded my case window so i could toss a couple 92mm fan's to help keep things cooler, one blowing air on the cpu and the other pulling air away from the video card.

edit-Here's a pic of the temps running prime at 3170 where it used to hit 56-58 now a steady 51-52 was really worth the effort to lap it.

tempsnt1.th.jpg

Might let prime run overnite not sure what i'll try for yet though.

Damn newbie, I just noticed your edit. Hell yeah dude. I think you have the winning CPU. Serious clocks on air, You may want to grab a scythe cooler and enter in their OC competition.

What kind of ambient temps are you at?

I'm just about to throw another radiator in the loop to try and dump some more pelt heat when that 437 watter arrives. I think I'm going to have to plan some other things to do while this thing primes though. It's getting a little rough sweating my butt off in the computer room. Can't wait to see my electric bill for the month. I'm sure this OC is going to end up costing me $100 or more.. :)

Ambient right now of 29 but its gonna hit 33 later today, if i quit spending so much on my computer maybe i would have ac lol. Might have to look into the contest but still stabalizing at 3170 for now. Failed after 3 hours so had to go up to 1.57 volt's so far but temp's are only about 53 but it's heating up in here now too.

Ambient is getting to high now so i shut down prime but i'll work on it some more after it cools off tonight. Man i live in oregon and cant believe how hot it has been getting here, when i put this chip in we had a week of over 100 outside. That overclock heat's up my room a little to much lol be a good heater this winter though.

I hope to be up there with you TFK, as soon as I have a board that doesn't make me want to throw it out in the street every time I put my TCCD or BH-5 in it. Does it have to be a DFI board or can I use my Jetway that runs my TCCD up to 297. I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that one.