The AMD 3GHz Club

im on water, cheap water :( thermaltake entrylevel kit, i know it's not optimal, i checked my Tcasemax and it was 57 C, im trying out the beta test for SP2004 "ohrtos" i got a little further, but stopped at 21 minutes on core 1, (in prime95 it always halted after 17 minutes on the exact same place.

-i just bulidt an htpc so im kinda busty setting it up this sucker is not stabile though, writing this post on the htpc :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Timmay

More volts and poping the lid is TFK's anwser... Mind you Im getting close to doing that to mine.

i have not gone above 1.47v yet, but i guess i need to do do it, i'll test it more this week, but i guess if i can prime at 1.5v i can burn it in, and hopefully i can lower volts later :)

whisful thinking he he.

Pelt results coming eh? There's going to be some dancing in the GGG halls..

d.justice - you may need a slight voltage bump for dual prime, that temps getting up there though, what cooling you running?

I was at 3270 on the pelt when I saw the temp climb 12 degrees in about 15 seconds and shut it down. Just trying to get the guys that build the TEC's I use to make sure they test the next one to 24 volts before they send it out. The last one gave up at 17 volts.

Timmay - there comes a time when more volts don't get you anywhere and even a popped lid doesn't get you satisfaction. Then you just pop the lid back on with superglue and change out cpu's :D

CPDMF - I swear you're going to be the first to crack 3.2 and get pretty damn close to 3.3, I hope you keep that cpu forever and pass it down to your offspring!

To all - we've been stickied! Awesome-o robot! This is better than watching Bubbles on Trailer Park Boys.. well, almost on par ;)

Guest Timmay

Yea I saw the sticky _b well done...

More volts not getting you anywhere... Your just not using enough :P

Hey kudo's to all of you contributing to this thread, now STICKY. Awsome job. I have been following this thread for quite a while, and looking forward to when I can attempt the GGG challenge. Well Done!!

Cheers!

holy moly, im still dual priming my 165 @3006mhz @1.51v (ithink) shows up in cpuz as a flux between 1.49-1.5v it think it has gone for 8 hours now temps peaked at 57c it's 54 c now, this is a keeper, i'll need to run a whole heap of benchmarks to get it ocdb ready, and this on a thermaltake bigwater ultra low flow system :)

d.justice - great news bud, looks like you'll be in the club soon enough :)

adreno - if you can prime your 146 @ 2.9GHz with 1.42v then I'd be betting 3GHz is able to be achieved ;)

To all - I'm going away on a short holiday (to Christchurch in the South Island if you're interested, brrrrr) so there won't be any updates until I'm back on Monday. Give me some good things to come back to! :D:D:D

Timmay - I want to see 3.1GHz when I get back heh

adreno - if you can prime your 146 @ 2.9GHz with 1.42v then I'd be betting 3GHz is able to be achieved ;)

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm in the process of moving to an SLI-DR, with my opty 146. Theres a good chance my 146 will go 3Ghz but it will have to wait for my new system as the nF3 Ultra-D is just too picky for that kind of fun. If that does not work out, I also have a 170 CCBWE 0550 UPMW waiting. If that fails I'll try a really sweet 3200+ I found, and run it at 1.7v or something:eek:

Its summertime however, hot, and the beach is just too nice so things are going more sloooowwly than ususal. I hope to take a crack at this soon though...

lol

had to make sure this thread wasn't a fluke or gimmick ;)

hopefully all of you hitting 3Ghz are putting your entries in the Overclocking Database...if not...I will have to unsticky this thread because you really really should be putting up entries in the db...they are a big big big help to other overclockers who are just getting started, and stability is what we preach here.