The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking to get 3.2ghz. I have acquired 5 new CCBBE's and I have a 226 watt Peltier that I am currently setting up(waiting on aux power kit). Two are 0610 and three are 0617.

I should get five OCDB entry's at least. I have one in the slot warming up. 24 hours dual prime at stock, just started +.1ghz priming. I'm in no rush cause if I were, I would have already gotten set up. Swiftech decided to relocate just as I ortdered the aux and said they would be back on line today. Watch for signs of progress, I'll try to keep you informed.

I've got an LCD down and RMA'd now too. I got a spare board and the Conformal spray to start things working. I don't know how long I will be taking to get ready to install Peltier, Probably take over a week to make sure everything is condensation proof. I guess a few of you have done this already, so if you want to give any advice, I won't mind at all. If any of you are driving south of Atlanta on I-75 give me a holler.

Mate.. you're going to rip this thread a new orifice! I must be a glutton for punishment cos I'm looking forward to it :D

With 5 06XX CCBBE's in your hands I'd say you have more than a good chance of cracking 3.2 under a pelt with one of them, but there's always that luck factor I guess.

In any case I would be hoping to see 5 more GGG entries!!!

All the best of luck, I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

When you apply the conformal coating do not go right up against the CPU socket like the tutorial they link you to shows. I usually go within an 1/8 of inch of the socket and then use dielectric for the last little bit. The coating will lock the socket and it will break when you go to open it.

The first layer of neoprene should fit the socket area very tight. If you take your time and fit the neoprene to the Socket and CPU and then seal the block to that condensation will never be an issue.

I usually do not conformal coat the backside of the board, I opt instead to use neoprene for that.

Which block are you using?

Guest Darien
I am looking to get 3.2ghz. I have acquired 5 new CCBBE's and I have a 226 watt Peltier that I am currently setting up(waiting on aux power kit). Two are 0610 and three are 0617.

Good Glory!!! 5 new DC Opty's!!! on Sub Zero Cooling... nice! can't wait to see the results... wow!

I thought i'd add a little update to how i'm getting on with my Vapo LS. I'm not, bloody thing had a controler problem so i took it back to exchange it and what do you know, no more in stock. So i got a refund, then on friday i sew a Mach2 GT for sale in another forum i belong to, so i offered the guy £250 for it and he accepted. Picked it up last night. At the moment i'm waiting on some Arctic Ceramique to arrive(used all i had on the Vapo). With a bit of luck i should be at sub zero by the weekend.

When you apply the conformal coating do not go right up against the CPU socket like the tutorial they link you to shows. I usually go within an 1/8 of inch of the socket and then use dielectric for the last little bit. The coating will lock the socket and it will break when you go to open it.

The first layer of neoprene should fit the socket area very tight. If you take your time and fit the neoprene to the Socket and CPU and then seal the block to that condensation will never be an issue.

I usually do not conformal coat the backside of the board, I opt instead to use neoprene for that.

Which block are you using?

MCW5002-64T withthe 226 watt Peltier and the aux powerkit with the Meanwell 310-12.

Lots of prep work to do. No rush, this should be slow and easy.

You cover entire backside with neoprene or just the pin sets.

just the pin set, and I use the stock DFI back plate to hold it in place. Nice block, The guy I get my pelts from just sent me out another 320 watt so, in a couple of weeks I'll be playing around too.

im working on mine 3 ghz, i can run 3dmar06, play games +++ but not complete passes of dual prime95 yet, i just don't think i found the correct combination of vcore+vid control yet, and i need some memory tweaking, but no chrashes whatsoever :)

here is what im at now: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=104978

i can run: occt on core 1 and prime95 (priority 10 with 800 mb load) on core 0 without problems, cpu reach 50 c. so i migth be back later, just had the cpu for little over 20 hours, no burin yet (operon 165 CCBBE 0617) a couple of screens:

dual superpimod 1.4 32 mb calculation: http://home.broadpark.no/~stiadahl/dualsuperpimod_done!.JPG

occt+prime95:

http://home.broadpark.no/~stiadahl/occt+prime95.JPG