The AMD 3GHz Club

I heard those CCBBE 0617's were rebinned 185's. They are expected to use low Vcore and probably "OMG" OCers. Burn it slow and easy and savor the OC. I kind of look for a potential of 3.2 GHZ. I bought 2, so they better be great. The Opteron's are still coming out of AMD even though it has been "Rumored" that the production of 939 Optys was over Jan first. 0617 is 17th week of 2006 and that was April 2006. I haven't heard anything about Socket 'F' but waiting and listening.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I don't know what I was on yesterday but there won't be anyone that can't hit 3.0GHz listed. It kinda defeats the purpose of why I made this thread, which was to try and get people into pushing their chips and making more ocdb entries as well as providing a semi-database on what steppings are capable of reaching the highest clocks. I'm sorry to have caused so much argument.

Hehee.... Yer' right it would sorta' defeat the whole purpose of the thing. Not to worry! coffie does that to all of us. :) One nice thing is,it did give me a chance to show off my old worn out OCDB entry 1 more time. LOL

@Darien: Congrats! On the toaster. You've certainly worked hard enough. In fact I don't think anyone has werked any harder. Congradulations again.

High ambient's yeah I've had alot of trouble with that. That's why I'm allways hollerin' at poeple. Heat!! Heat!!! LOL I have attempted overclocking in room temps well over what a sane person would normally try.. But now I can usually keep the room 27-33c idles only a "C" or two more. 2820mhzs she loads ok 42c-45c loads. But the ggg settin's last [email protected] the xp90-tornado got saturated and failed occt. Prime usually needs some more Vid to pass than OCCT seems to need. So I figure with the current cooling It'll need at least 1.65 maybe a good deal more. If it'll fly at all. I figure a good W/C and poppin' the lid off the processor. Might just put me in the ball park. LOL But we won't know til' it happens. If I can even ever get the thing built. Well we'll see.(I hope) 1 piece atta' time.

Hate to be a stickler here but you will still need to submit a complete OCDB entry Darien.

Ed and I both had to redo ours because we used SP2004 instead of Prime95.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10192

See Posts #1 and #4 and follow the template.

Unfortunate for sure but I am know you can do it again.

Guest Darien
Hate to be a stickler here but you will still need to submit a complete OCDB entry Darien.

Ed and I both had to redo ours because we used SP2004 instead of Prime95.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10192

See Posts #1 and #4 and follow the template.

Unfortunate for sure but I am know you can do it again.

Yes I know I need an OCDB.. and Ed already broke the bad news to be... pfft... what a kick in the nuts... sp2004 is exactly the same program in a different wrapper... thx 4 the heads up though

but whatever, I'll just run dual primes with the settings I wanted anyways

Good work Darien, don't want to sell that cpu do you:D. No, don't answer that(some swear words attract an instant ban:D ) My poor opty is'nt going to get anywhere near that, unless of course hell freezes over(or the Vapo Lighspeed i bought yesterday freezes even better:D).

Guest Darien

Thx guys..

@kitfit1: This chip is good no doubt... but isn't that great... the memory controller is terrible.. the worst I ever had... all my 170's let my OCZ 4800 plat. elites do 2.5-3-3-8, but this one needs 2.5-5-5-11.... that's why it took me so long to get it stable @ GGG... because I couldn't imagine that it was the memory controler that kept failing... it was just so far below par that it kept throwing errors at normal and even loose settings.... once the RAM settings were ridiculously loose then it would pass

plus and I had to strip her naked to get 3.0... with water cooling...

this chip would have had NO chance on air... or with the Lid on....

anyways.. thx.. I'm just glad to have logged the 3GHz entry

also... OMFG! lightspeed phase change!!! nice!! that could very well get you 3GHz :eek: