The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I'm sorry Clay... you just aren't cool enuff to be in the GGG club... even with an OCDB entry :P lol j/k

seriously though... I didn't even know you had a socket 940 system??? dang! how many 'puters do u have?

but I agree... skill and luck... to quote a Movie "Hard work is mandatory, but luck plays a larger role than most of us will admit."

I'll stick to the old addage, "It's better to be lucky than good."

It's a 939. Yesterday I sold a board so now I'm down to 4# fairly good ones.. Unless I count my old totally dated riggs that still work. The semi-decent dated ones I've allready given away. :)

(I like old computers)

Hehee. I am cool! LOL In fact few are cooler. With me sittin' in front of this air-conditioner like this. Man I am cool!!Hehehe.... But my processor isn't just quite cool enough. So until I get my load temps down some. I'm really not going to seriously even try.. Sometimes I'll play with it @300X10 til' she loads up and want more volts. Then I go: "Well ok then,we'll see"...... Patients could be an important factor in overclocking too.

Ok, I don't know what I was on yesterday but there won't be anyone that can't hit 3.0GHz listed. It kinda defeats the purpose of why I made this thread, which was to try and get people into pushing their chips and making more ocdb entries as well as providing a semi-database on what steppings are capable of reaching the highest clocks. I'm sorry to have caused so much argument.

Opteron 165 CCBBE 0610DPMW 3GHZ

Here's the OCDB entry for the Dual Core Opteron.

2995 was easy, 3006 was hell. I went from 1.54 Vcore to 1.66 Vcore.

It wouldn't go over 20 minutes in XP but I got 10 hrs 32 minutes in X64.

All that after going all the way up to 2808 at stock 1.38.

Oh yeah, I had to go 2T to get through Prime. All my 3DMarks were fluttering and stalling. Pure luck that I completed

this entry. It wouldn't surprise me to find it deleted. Those 3Dmarks are low too. With 2T, loose timings etc. and only way

Prime would run over 20 minutes. All those problems to get 1 MHZ of FSB.

Guest Darien

you da man! damn 1.66 vcore!!! my hats off to you man! you got juevos grandes!!! 1.61vcore bios (1.59 actual) is the most I've dared to do so far....

running in 64 bit windows... hmm... I had not even thought of that... probably cuz I don't have a 64-bit version of windows.... but I could get one I'm sure...

with many different configurations I can get from 3-6 hours stable in windows XP... but only once did I get 8 hours +.... and ofcourse I had a brain fart and forgot to run 3d01 and snap a pic for the OCDB.... pfft :rolleyes: but atlest I got a screenie of the Prime stability...

Windows is completly stable... I never BSOD... but I'm surprised to hear you say that Windows 64 gave you a dramatic increase in stability... I never would have though of that.

Guest Darien
It's a 939. Yesterday I sold a board so now I'm down to 4# fairly good ones.. Unless I count my old totally dated riggs that still work. The semi-decent dated ones I've allready given away. :)

(I like old computers)

Hehee. I am cool! LOL In fact few are cooler. With me sittin' in front of this air-conditioner like this. Man I am cool!!Hehehe.... But my processor isn't just quite cool enough. So until I get my load temps down some. I'm really not going to seriously even try.. Sometimes I'll play with it @300X10 til' she loads up and want more volts. Then I go: "Well ok then,we'll see"...... Patients could be an important factor in overclocking too.

ROFL! I know you're cool... but keepin' a CPU cool in an Arizona summer takes some serious talent Clay... you're like a severly handicaped Overclocker.... it's like kicking you in the nuts and then making you race 100 yard dash... I don't know how ya do it :P

Good work, you deserve a beer or some other kind of reward after that effort!

I wonder what's so special about X64?

BTW Congrats on the first dual entry in the club! You definitely showed with that chip that even if it doesn't want to do 3G you can MAKE it go.. heh :D

Guest Darien

Ok fellas... as promised...

I have a screenie of Dual Prime Stability @ 3GHz with 3d01 benchie... worthy of the OCDB... you guys know I've done every other test needed....

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/b3b25de246.jpg

Much to my dismay, I realized AFTER completing 8 hours that I did NOT have the RAM settings that I had wanted... I did loosen the timings to 2.5-5-5-11... but I forgot to set the RAM divider back to 9/10 :rolleyes: :eek: :mad:

Oh well... with the 5/6 divider running my 4800's below spec at 273 I usually run 2.5-4-4-(8-11) normally tighter but this memory controler sucks... when running at 300 with the 9/10 I do the 2.5-5-5-11 timings...

ROFL... but I NEVER meant to do both 5/6 and 2.5-5-5-11 slack timings:rolleyes:

anyways.. I'm kinda glad I can atleast say I did it and get my food in the door... but I think I'm gonna set the divider to 9/10 and run the test over again when I go to sleep tonight and see If I can get stability with the settings I was actually aiming for.

Guest Darien

Ok fellas... as promised...

I have a screenie of Dual Prime Stability @ 3GHz with 3d01 benchie... worthy of the OCDB... you guys know I've done every other test needed....

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/b3b25de246.jpg

Much to my dismay, I realized AFTER completing 8 hours that I did NOT have the RAM settings that I had wanted... I did loosen the timings to 2.5-5-5-11... but I forgot to set the RAM divider back to 9/10 :rolleyes: :eek: :mad:

Oh well... with the 5/6 divider running my 4800's below spec at 273 I usually run 2.5-4-4-(8-11) normally tighter but this memory controler sucks... when running at 300 with the 9/10 I do the 2.5-5-5-11 timings...

ROFL... but I NEVER meant to do both 5/6 and 2.5-5-5-11 slack timings:rolleyes:

anyways.. I'm kinda glad I can atleast say I did it and get my food in the door... but I think I'm gonna set the divider to 9/10 and run the test over again when I go to sleep tonight and see If I can get stability with the settings I was actually aiming for.