The AMD 3GHz Club

I've given it all the way up to 1.62Vs before to try and get it there with my PC4000... maybe this PC4800 will be kind to me with a little tweaking and get me 3GHz with this thing finally.

I can only hope... postin' my new high scores/benchie stable system specs on the OCDB Entry listed in my siggy ;)

guys i need some help here...

just cant get it 3.0ghz stable at all...

tried boosting vcore to 1.66 and some minor changes to the 2.9ghz stable ones but fails prime within a min...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replied ;)

ADDED BY EDIT:

Oh god... I think I ... yeah, I'm not sayin' anything cuz I don't wanna jinx myself but:

3dmark0515860am3124298iv3.th.jpg

Look at it, and you'll know why I'm excited ;) LOL Greatest part is, 1.55Vs ;) so it's not even runnin' that much hotter than I was at 2.94/5 ;) We'll see though ::starts prayin' to the computer gods::

Replied ;)

ADDED BY EDIT:

Oh god... I think I ... yeah, I'm not sayin' anything cuz I don't wanna jinx myself but:

3dmark0515860am3124298iv3.th.jpg

Look at it, and you'll know why I'm excited ;) LOL Greatest part is, 1.55Vs ;) so it's not even runnin' that much hotter than I was at 2.94/5 ;) We'll see though ::starts prayin' to the computer gods::

If it passes 03 go for Prime :D

well...

It looks like I guess a second GGG entry

same hardware as before except using the new OCZ PC2-6400 ATI Crossfire Certified memory ;)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...9829#post639829

Noooice..! So it's the same cpu as the 3120MHz entry eh? For same member duplicates of the same cpu I usually keep the highest but I can add it in as an extra if you like..

That's looking like some nice ram though, you going to put it through it's paces? Gets quite time consuming though..

nah this one is only 3000Ghz flat so no new entry needed

just wanted to sorta let everyone know that I'll guarantee 3Ghz out of this cpu with this Monsoon TEC unit as long as the RAM holds out lol

Once a 3Ghz, always a 3Ghz (sorta like my 3200+ Venice...once it hit 2750Mhz a couple times, i was guaranteed that it would ALWAYS hit 2750Mhz unless the RAM or mobo couldn't hold out)

I've got 4x1GB of the OCZ Crossfire Certified ATI PC2-6400 stuff

I'll get around to dumping all 4GB at once into a rig when I'm done with some OCDB and SSDB entries

I've got this to test:

DFI Infinity NF4 Ultra-II AM2

DFI Infinity CFX3200-M2/G (Crossfire, AM2)

Corsair Value Select DDR2-667 2x1GB

Corsair Dominator DDR2-800 2x1GB

Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 2x1GB

OCZ ATI Crossfire DDR2-800 4x1GB

so...lots of testing over next 2-3 weeks =/

(gets really boring after a while lol)