The AMD 3GHz Club

To be honest I think my 6600GT is retarded, hence why I was saying that score for the X700 sounded weird cuz I know that 6600GT score is low. It's likely because that was done on an Asus board (I think with the slot set to 8X instead of 16X).

Who knows, I've never tested the 6600GT with the FX-60 though.

As i said, you get what you spend. X700 is weaker than 6600 imo, and even if it was 8x vs 16x the difference is minimal.

Generally i don't have the cash to spend like you, i'm just a student, don't wanna put too much pressure on my dad and mum just to get a power rig. [i only overclock, i already bored of gaming :D]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

90% of the parts I used to start and build this computer to what it is today were bought with my own money ;) all of the parts currently in it, I bought, and it's taken me over 2 years, give or take, to take it from what it was when I started (FX-55, 6600GT, 2GBs of RAM, 1 HDD, 500 watt PSU) to what it is now. ;) It's hard work LOL

90% of the parts I used to start and build this computer to what it is today were bought with my own money ;) all of the parts currently in it, I bought, and it's taken me over 2 years, give or take, to take it from what it was when I started (FX-55, 6600GT, 2GBs of RAM, 1 HDD, 500 watt PSU) to what it is now. ;) It's hard work LOL

Agreed. :D

I'll work hard to get my own power rig someday, ;)

Why is it I'm seein' crap about these Core2Quads everywhere and yet I see them on sale... no where? Are they due to come out sooner than expected or what?

If so, good, I wanna see the AMD Quad Cores that're sure to stomp them in to the ground, and I'm sure the sooner Intel puts out theirs, the sooner AMD will put out theirs. And that's what I'm waiting for, although I'm perfectly content with what I have :D even with just the 1GB of RAM I can still play Halo no problem ;) LOL doin' so right now actually. I'm workin' on getting another set to bump up to 2GBs.

Why is it I'm seein' crap about these Core2Quads everywhere and yet I see them on sale... no where? Are they due to come out sooner than expected or what?

If so, good, I wanna see the AMD Quad Cores that're sure to stomp them in to the ground, and I'm sure the sooner Intel puts out theirs, the sooner AMD will put out theirs. And that's what I'm waiting for, although I'm perfectly content with what I have :D even with just the 1GB of RAM I can still play Halo no problem ;) LOL doin' so right now actually. I'm workin' on getting another set to bump up to 2GBs.

With reference to the first question, perhaps Intel have released samples for top benchmarkers to play with, as well as staff. After Ocing and fiddiling around with it they sell, hence you see most of them w/o warranty and just the bare chip :D

If AMD risesd to the top with their 4X4, that would make a nice battle. The 2 manufacturers fight for performance, prices etc. and the consumers gains ... hehehe.

guys i noticed that my core2 seems to be "slower" than my core 1 when it comes to priming.

i see core 1 at self-test 48k test 1. yet core 2 is still at self-test 40k test 4.

why is this so??

anyway it's been stable for 10hrs already at 2.9ghz

I'm gonna ask you a question, and please answer truthfully.

What did you have running while running Prime? Cuz it had to be something. How do I know this? I ran Prime for 8 hours+ today and my cores were side by side from when I left until I got home because I closed EVERYTHING but Prime down to avoid them getting errors due to something freezing or anything like that.

That's why. Even if you just have Task Manager or a Temp Monitor Program or heck, even your firewall could cause that, all somethin' has to do is start using 1% of your CPU and it'll slowly leech one of your cores, slowing it down in Prime and putting it behind Core 1 (usually it's Core 0 that gets the work first, Core 1 ends up getting ahead in Prime95 because of it).

And, last but not least, it's not something you should worry about, I don't see very many people that DO have dual-primes that end at the exact same place after 8+ hours ;)

I'm gonna ask you a question, and please answer truthfully.

What did you have running while running Prime? Cuz it had to be something. How do I know this? I ran Prime for 8 hours+ today and my cores were side by side from when I left until I got home because I closed EVERYTHING but Prime down to avoid them getting errors due to something freezing or anything like that.

That's why. Even if you just have Task Manager or a Temp Monitor Program or heck, even your firewall could cause that, all somethin' has to do is start using 1% of your CPU and it'll slowly leech one of your cores, slowing it down in Prime and putting it behind Core 1 (usually it's Core 0 that gets the work first, Core 1 ends up getting ahead in Prime95 because of it).

And, last but not least, it's not something you should worry about, I don't see very many people that DO have dual-primes that end at the exact same place after 8+ hours ;)

that answers my questions...i do have quite abit of things running atm.

thanks..

so i got the opty 165 CCBBE 0617FPWM on a TEC and guess what????

It's coldbugged at -5C :(

gotta keep her warm until it gets to windows or else, Mr freeze!!!

priming now and load is 30C better than my old load of 45C :D

will work on higher overclock and will pop open another opty to check if they all have the cold bug. wonder if all these CCBBE steppings suffer from the cold bug.

so i got the opty 165 CCBBE 0617FPWM on a TEC and guess what????

It's coldbugged at -5C :(

gotta keep her warm until it gets to windows or else, Mr freeze!!!

priming now and load is 30C better than my old load of 45C :D

will work on higher overclock and will pop open another opty to check if they all have the cold bug. wonder if all these CCBBE steppings suffer from the cold bug.

Opterons are famous for coldbugging real early :D

Anyway that's a good stepping i think, Should hit 3Ghz with a TEC :P

Opterons are famous for coldbugging real early :D

Anyway that's a good stepping i think, Should hit 3Ghz with a TEC :P

oh it is a good stepping, it does 3.1GHz on water at 1.58v :)

just gotta figure a way to keep her above 15C on idle and 40C on load.

EDIT: i did give my opty about 1.8v!! and tec handled it well but that was just insane voltage.

I would worry about the 6600gt speeds...they are all over the map....I think (my OCDB) I was 2138 in 05 and 1050 in 06...I'll go check and re -edit...

this was withe 148 @ 300x10

Edit: Now I check this card on a pretty much identical sytem SLI-D with a 3700+ running 200x11 with ram running 2-2-2-5 and I get 2125 in 05...?