Review: 600w OCZ GameXStream (7/21/2006, merged)

UncleDavid218

Just wanted to add 'bout the AMPS confusion...

i even contacted OCZ, they stated something like "WTF are you talking 'bout, ofcourse its 18..." i think they just had a mistype in the site, causing confusion on every tech site more or less... funny people, i told them they should put a clarification in their web site, they answered. ahh, its clear enough...

k :|

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-production units came with a hand written sticker that said 15A on the 12V rails. Early pre-retail units came with printed labels that said 15A.

All productions units have labels with 18A.

Just wanted to add 'bout the AMPS confusion...

i even contacted OCZ, they stated something like "WTF are you talking 'bout, ofcourse its 18..." i think they just had a mistype in the site, causing confusion on every tech site more or less... funny people, i told them they should put a clarification in their web site, they answered. ahh, its clear enough...

k :|

When I get home I will resize the image and add it to the first post so those buying the 700w will be equally informed. This will be tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for the assistance!

EDIT: Post updated with aiya's picture.

np uncledavid, glad i could help. if you need a better pic i can retake it when i put the rest of my system together. if you need anything else just let me know :)

If the fan gives a random "rattle", you should make sure the four grill screws are tight. There's no good reason for the "rattle" and if the screws are tight you should contact OCZ.

i'll give that a shot, hope it solves the rattling :rolleyes:

i dont like this new psu that much

its line regulation is 5% + - ... thats a big friggin difference.

its noticeable if you break open the psu

it lacks alot of components, looks and feels cheap

this is gonna leave a crap mark on ocz and tagan

i prefer my powerstream over it.

heck ill prefer my old antec tpii 550 over it.

i dont like this new psu that much

its line regulation is 5% + - ... thats a big friggin difference.

its noticeable if you break open the psu

it lacks alot of components, looks and feels cheap

this is gonna leave a crap mark on ocz and tagan

i prefer my powerstream over it.

heck ill prefer my old antec tpii 550 over it.

well, everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, but right now these psu's are the hottest sellers and there's a reason why. They are fantastic psu's and while yours may not be to your liking or specs, the rest of us have a lot of praise for them and have no flux nor any other problems (other than the fan gets a little noisy during full load over long periods)

no it is actually because

#1 it is made my FSP/Fortron and they are of excellent quality, and

#2 they are OCZ brands which means they are backed by the best support in the industry, and

#3 because a flood of users here now have them and like me, have found them to be of exceptional (like usual for OCZ) quality, and stand up to (so far) the long term abuse that a lot of us are giving them.

Since I received mine last Wednesday night it has done absolutley nothing but bench and prime over and over and over...really doesn't start to exhaust much heat till it gets a good way into prime and even then it's barely warm. When it has had a chance to rest the exhaust has actually been very cool. No other power supply I've had has run this cool...

As far as the fan noise goes I have two 120mm fans pumping 110cfm so I'm sure whatever noise this thing does generate it's easily being drowned out. I don't mind semi noisy fans anymore cuz it just gets too hot in my apartment to try and run silent. You can hear my rigs the minute you step inside my place :P

Anyway, I'm very happy with mine so far...