Review: 600w OCZ GameXStream (7/21/2006, merged)

UncleDavid218

That's the one you'll want.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What?!

Why the heck would i want a psu with 15A when there are similar ones with 18A?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a misprint.

GameXStreams ONLY ONLY ONLY come with 18a on the 12v rail. 15a is imaginary. There is no such thing.

Sorry to sound mean but it's been said about 8 times in this thread...

Are all the shops (wich sell it) in my country with missprints?

That would be like... 10 shops...

And there are lot of other around there wich say it has 15A.

:confused:

It was the previous rating, and it was intentionally conservative. The psu's are the same, only some have the updated specification stickers, but the units are physically the same.

That is a misprint.

GameXStreams ONLY ONLY ONLY come with 18a on the 12v rail. 15a is imaginary. There is no such thing.

Sorry to sound mean but it's been said about 8 times in this thread...

Agreed. All of the 600 & 700W units (whether the original Fortron Epsilon units or the OCZ clones...just had to point out for AG errr HG, that the OCZs are the clones, not vice versa ;) ) have been re-classified at 18a (even the Fortron units that say 15a on the label are actually 18a). They didn't change anything with the units, they were just re-tested and re-classified.

If I was buying new, I would go with the OCZ units as well...just for their service, but there were not even any rumours about them when I bought my Epsilon.

I have one sitting in my case six inches away... I assure you I am not blind.

I'm not saying u are!

:)

Just that it is odd.

I'll try to get in contact with one of the shops...

I know that...

heh.

Just read the last few posts. They were originally 15a, but they have been re-classified as 18a.

I've got a 700w version sitting at my doorstep just waiting to be abused :sweat: I'll take some pics of the packaging (and the ratings sticker ;) ). I can post em in here or PM to you to add to the original review if you like...

Hey, guys, I don't want to mock these PSUs, however I think that NEOAethyr raised some serious questions worth answering. He put it way too long, so... it might be annoing, but...

I try to put it short.

a) are the cap's inside Teapo brand? They are known as BAD CAPS that like to fail relatively soon. (Sapphire made his A9RX480 board to reviewers with Teapos and pretty few of these boards failed and died in the hands of reviewers - nice example, eh? They moved then to hi-quality Nichicons caps and no problemo since then...) You can't believe me, that is okay, but you guys should consider the exepreince of BadCaps guys that know what the hell they are talking about:

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=388

Once again - Teapo is bad brand of caps that does lose their capacity and your machine starting to lose their stability in time. It could be in year and half, but maybe even less - depends on load.

I certainly won't buy anything that have Teapos inside. Few my boards have caps like that. All dies and all working now flawlessly when I replaced the caps....

B) are the rails from ALUMINIUM wires? If they are, the PSU is not worth a damn, since Aluminium is way worser that Cooper in wires and buying hi-end expensive stuff to get such crappy cables - that it is not wise.

I tend to stick with my Enermax - yet - could you guys check at least these two points on interest? :confused: