Review: 600w OCZ GameXStream (7/21/2006, merged)

UncleDavid218

yfital im sorry you didnt get the numbers in my post and the earlier post I made that had OCZ rep saying it was 15 and now OCZ's website says that too. But my last post showed Mathematically that 15 sounds better because if it is 18 then the power supply goes from 60% real world to 52% real world. Hey its just a mathematical view from how watts are calculated from amps & volts. But it does not matter because its a proven PSU for DFI boards and its very nice PSU.

and I dont think that it is not true as you stated I just think it can be Perceived either way. That is why you got 18 from them and I got 15.

i stand corrected.

i am so freaking pissed on them. how many times did i ask them, bah. now im pissed on ocz. never mind, in the end, peak W is what matters, and 580/12 is more then enough for me.

i must say, im really angry with ocz though. gonna write them a letter.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OCZ website does indeed show the 600 as having 15A on the 12V rails now.

My Fortron 600 label shows the same 15A on the 12V rails.

until a week/day (i dunno) ago, it was written 18. heh, ocz reps told me they retested the forton and wrote it as 18A...

they just dunno what they are doing. wrote a pm to one of the admins in bleeding edge asking for an answer, i hope he'll answer soon.

i just have to ask.

i mean, on the psu it self they write 18. now they state its 15? aint this plain lie? i mean, from whatever angel you look at it, they state false info?

im supposed to get my 600 in a couple of days, it will probably say 18, as i saw photos of these psu and they all said 18...

bah!

Well, it could have been a labeling blunder.

Look at my post above comparing the labels between the GameXtream 600 and the Epsilon 600. Then there's the math involved as shown in an earlier post of mine.

As far as lying goes, OCZ has no interest in confusing the consumer. This wouldn't be the first and it won't be the last time a product has made it to the consumer with the wrong info. That's why the lawyers always insert that "specifications subject to change without notice" in the legalese.

We'll have to see what OCZ and Fortron say about this over the next few days. OCZ has always been a stand-up company and there's no reason to think otherwise.

Let's stop the assumptions and wait for an official statement.

i didnt mean to call ocz liers... im totally sure its just a mistake...

im just kinda upset at the fact that one of their forum admins, which is more or less like the admins here, meaning, someone who knows what he's talking about, wrote me in a pretty disrespectfull ton, "what are you talking about, the ocz site says its 18. its 18. im sure, bla bla."

i believe the site was updated after my thread was opened, as i asked them to chk more into it and rewrite the web page for it...

very frustrating when a company offical tells you wrong info. it's just damn annoying.

ill come back with he's answer from the pm, should be intresting to hear.

I am trying to prevent the spread of misinformation any more than it has already been spread.

You want me to say I messed up? Fine.....I messed up...I quoted information I was given from the Manufacturer.

As I said...when I get this all sorted out and find out what happened...I will post here and at BE with an official statement.

Thanks

Guest Retratserif

I have a 700watt and a am very happy with it. I have alot of growing room. I run 7 120x25mmmmfans and 2 120mmx38mm fans, a water pump, 2 HD's, Oc's on CPU and Video with ease. No lights, nothing to fancy, yet. I dont plan on showing off the interiors but I do need to get some cable management classes. I will do all of that once the OC is completely stable at 2.8.

There is not one thing I can find worng with this PSU.